Chapter 30- Stupid Vines

Daryl stood just a bit in front of me as he faced Tyreese, worried that if he didn't I'd get punched in the face or worst.

"We need you, but only if you don't pull anything with Starlet."

Tyreese looked at me, still a bit angry with me. I don't blame him, I would be too if someone did what I did to Karen, to Daryl. Even if it only held good intentions.

"As long as I don't have to sit by her, I'll be good," Tyreese said, his eyes still on me.

"Hey," Daryl said, making Tyreese look at him, "I mean it. I will leave your ass if you pull anything."

Tyreese nodded his head, "Hear ya loud and clear. Just let me get my gear." Tyreese walked away to grab his gear, making me let out a sigh of relief that I didn't even know existed.

Bob walked over to us, throwing his bag in the trunk.

"I'd keep that with you," I said, looking at him, "Who knows what we'll run into out there."

Bob looked at Daryl, watching as Daryl gave him a look that said to keep it by him. With a sigh, Bob pulled out the bag from the trunk and sat it in the backseat, "Alright, not a whole lot of leg room though."

Once Tyreese came back, him and Bob sat in the back while I sat in the passenger seat and Daryl drove. The car ride started out silent until we got more on the road, then Daryl spoke up.

"Hey, you know if ya did run off, I'd come find ya right?" Daryl asked me like we were the only ones in the car, glancing at me for a second before focusing back on the road.

"I know, but if I didn't want you too, you wouldn't be able too," I said, looking at him seriously.

Daryl scuffed, "That's what you think. Truth is, if you left, I'd be right out there with ya."

A small smile crept onto my face, hearing him say that he would leave his own group if it meant he could stay with me. But just because he seemed to forgive me for what I did to Karen and David, doesn't mean that Tyreese does.

Daryl broke me out of my thoughts when he asked me to find him a CD. My hands found a small black case, quickly skipping through them to find something good to listen too while Daryl slipped through the stations.

What shocked me more wasn't that Daryl was trying to find a hopeless station that worked, but that a voice spoke through the static like a ghost, making me jump slightly.

"Was that a voice?" I asked, Daryl and I leaning closer to the radio like it would talk more to us.

A static faint voice said, "Never quit.... Be ready to go... Expect to win." My eyes glanced up at the road for a split second as the words replayed in my mind. But my mind shut off when a couple of Walkers stood in the middle of the road.

"Daryl, look out!" I yelled, making him quickly looked up, slamming on the breaks. The car skidded forward a bit, passing even more Walkers. Finally when the car came to a stop we finally saw that there wasn't just a couple of Walkers blocking our road, but possible thousands of them.

The school came into view, probable about 10 miles or so up ahead of me. The problem? The road was piled with hundreds of Walkers. And they were starting to slowly walk to the car, hitting it with their skeleton hands.

"Go out the left. Make a run for the gaps right there," Daryl said to us, pointing to the woods next to the road. He pulled up his crossbow while I pulled out my knife.

"Run, don't stop for nothin, you hear me?" Daryl said to Bob, Tyreese, and I, making me look at him like he was crazy. I opened my mouth to object but it was no use. He opened the little window that sat on top of the car, sitting on the roof as he fired at a few Walkers.