I didn't know you were that talented

Dean's POV

Man, this boy is one big mystery... Maybe I should poke him with a stick to check if he's real...

Castiel walked next to Dean, when he grabbed a stick from the ground and carefully poked Cas in his side.

Cas shrugged. "What ya doin'?"

Okay, he's real. "N-Nothing, sorry." Dean grinned widely. Now Castiel was the one with the confusion in his face.

Damn, he looks kinda cute when he's out of order...

During lunch, Sonny introduced Dean to the other boys. "After eating you prepare your school stuff, tomorrow is monday. Castiel, I guess you could help Dean to get conected to the stuff in school, just when you both agree with that."
Both boys nodded and shared a glance.

"And Castiel, please help Ruth washing the dishes" Sonny commanded.

After Lunch, Dean went to his and Cas' room and sat on the bed. He heard a knock on the door and Sonny entered.

"Hey D-Dog uh... I guess there are things we have to talk about."
Dean looked at him with a questioning gaze.

"I hope it is okay for you that I put you in a room with Castiel. Do you get along with him?"

"Yeah, it's not a big deal. He's cu- he's... sympathic." Dean smiled nervously.

Do not say something stupid in presence of Sonny. Do. Not. Say. Something. Stupid.

"Okay, whatever. How's your brother doing?" Sonny took place next to Dean on the bed.

"He's at Bobby's, our uncle. I guess he's fine with it. He had never had a whole family, so maybe it's good that he lives now with Ellen, Bobby and Jo." The smile on his lips disappeared slowly.

"Okay good, that's good. If you wanna call them or if you need anything just come up with it. I'll be downstairs." He stood up and made his way to the door.

"Thanks. Hey uh, do you have a guitar for me maybe?" An innocent smile made its way to Deans face.

"Yeah, on the attic. I didn't know you play guitar" With these words he left the room, followed by Dean who went to the attic.
He came back to the room with an old light brown guitar and sat back on his bed.

The first song that came to his mind was Californication by Red Hot Chilli Peppers and he started to practice. Singing wasn't his biggest talent but at least he tried (like me and writing fanfictions lol).

"Psychic spies from China
Try to steal your mind's elation
Little girls from Sweden
Dream of silver screen quotations
And if you want these kind of dreams
It's Californication"

In the beginning he messed up a few times but it got better with the time.

"It's the edge of the world
And all of western civilization
The sun may rise in the East
At least it's settled in a final location
It's understood that Hollywood
Sells Californication

Pay your surgeon very well
To break the spell of aging
Celebrity skin is this your chin
Or is that war you're waging"

He had his eyes closed and felt the music running through his veins.

"First born unicorn
Hard core soft porn
Dream of Californication
Dream of Californication"

He was so far away from reality that he hadn't recognized that Castiel stood in the doorway. When he messed up one more time he opened his eyes and saw Cas.

"Uhh.. Sorry I- I didn't want to... I- interrupt you.. Sorry" He stammered.

"No uhh, I- it's okay." Dean blushed and so did Cas.

"You are very... talented."

Dean blushed thoroughly. He didn't get compliments often, especially not from a goodlooking person like this.

"Thanks" he mumbled and smiled gently. "Do you play too?"

"Uh I... play piano. But far not as well as you" Dean blushed again.

"Maybe that's the reason why there's an e-piano in the corner of our room" Dean joked and pointed to an old black e-piano right after the place where Cas stood.
"C'mon, show me!"

"No I- no." Cas had never played in front of other people. He always played on his own.

"Oh come on. You heard me playing, now I have the right to hear you playing. Don't be so shy" Dean put the guitar which still layed on his chest on the bed.

"No Dean. I've never played in company."
"I'm waiting" Dean grinned.

Castiel was 100 percent sure he won't play piano when Dean was in the room but he couldn't deny those beautiful green eyes one wish, so he went to the piano and took place. "But I'm not gonna sing"

"Yes you are. No contradiction."

He glanced at Dean and knew he had to. So he started to play Sound of silence.

"Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence"

Dean got goose bumps during the song. "Dude, that was... amazing."

Castiel blushed when he turned around to face Dean. "If you say so."

"Seriously, you're at least as talented as me. But... why such a sad song?"

"I learned that song after the accident. I always think of my parents when I play it."

Silence filled the room.

Damn. I should have not asked him. I am so stupid...

"Cas..." Castiel stood up and sat back on his own bed and Dean took a seat next to him.
"I know how you're feeling" he tried to light up the atmosphere.

"No... you don't."