Chapter 2

Scuffing the toes of my shoes, I make my way home.

"Hey!"

The voice startles me, and I almost crash into the same post Papyrus slammed into earlier.

I whip around to see a young girl running towards me, her head of dark curls bouncing as she runs.

"You're the new girl, right?" she asks.

"Yep!" I reply, pretending to look excited about it.

"I'm Tahlia, what's your name?" she asks.

"Frisk."

She stops walking and stares at me, as if seeing me for the very first time.

"That was you that totally embarrassed Chara back there at lunch, wasn't it?"

I wince at the name.

"I wouldn't say I embarrassed her. I just dodged her punches."

Thalia giggles.

"That's enough to embarrass her. I think she's picked on every single person in the school!"

She sounds extremely excited talking about this, as if the drama really gives her a rush.

"She did it to me too."

I stop and face her.

"She's picked on you too?"

Tahlia shrugs.

"Yeah. She usually only does for a day, unless you seriously interest her. I have a feeling you did today."

She grins at me.

"But with moves like yours, I don't think you need to worry!"

She skips down the road, then stops and waits for me to catch up.

"So, where you living?" she asks, twirling on her toes.

I point at a house across the street.

"That's mine. And those two," I indicate the houses either side, "Are my friends'. They just moved too."

Thalia claps her hands.

"My house doesn't look nearly as nice as those. The flowers are really pretty."

I drop my eyes to the floor. I can't be thinking about him now.

"Want to come in?" I ask Thalia.

"Do I ever!" she replies, enthusiastically.

We walk up to the door, and I knock.

"It's me Mum!" I call.

"The door's unlocked!" Toriel calls back through the door. I push it open. I take my bag off and place it on the floor. I motion to Thalia to do the same. She places her bag next to mine, then pulls a pad of paper out.

"Can I borrow a pencil?" she asks.

I nod my head. "I'll show you where they are," I say.

We walk through the front hallway. Toriel is in the kitchen, baking. Thalia lifts her nose and sniffs. "That smells great!" she exclaims. I hear Toriel laughing.

"Thank you, child!" she calls.

"No problem!" Thalia calls back, "Ms...?"

"Just call me Toriel," she says and Thalia laughs.

"No problem Toriel!"

I giggle too. I take Thalia into my study, where I do my work. I try contacting people that will listen to me about monster and human cooperation. So far, no one has bothered listening to me. I may only be 14, but that doesn't mean I can't make a difference! They all just laugh it off and hang up.