Chapter 18

"My lessons are already working!" Papyrus cries, opening his arms out.

I need to beat her to the 'mercy' button.

I run towards him, aiming for the place the button usually appears.

Holding my hand out, I look up to see Chara standing in front of me. She grabs my hand.

"Chara... No..." I whisper.

"Too bad," she smiles.

Her power consumes me, throwing me backwards onto the 'fight' button.

"PAPYRUS!" I scream, running for him.

Mild pain races through my arm. I hold on, not ever wanting to let go.

Suddenly, I hear a voice whisper into my ear.

"He's never going to forgive you for this."

My concentration slips, and the red flash strikes Papyrus in the chest.

"NO!"

"Yes."

"PAPYRUS!" I scream again.

"Well, I s-still believe in you..." he tells me, smiling.

His head turns to dust, and I collapse in front of where he stood.

"Why..." I whisper. "I'm so sorry..."

Once my tears have ceased, I stand up and run into Waterfall, not stopping to listen to the calming sounds of rushing water.

I run quickly through the area, hoping not to encounter anyone that I'll regret killing.

I stumble and trip. When I pull myself up off my face, the monster kid stands in front of me.

"Even with arms, you still can't stop yourself from falling," he says, "I'd offer you a hand to get up, but I have none."

My hair falls over my face as I stand up, shielding the tears pouring down my face from his gaze.

"Yo, you seen Undyne around here?" the kid asks, trailing after me as I try to leave him behind before he gets hurt.

"I think it'd be so cool to meet Undyne, don't 'cha think?" he asks again. "Anyways, gotta go now, look out for Undyne for me, okay?"

And with that, he runs off.

I start to breath again, running further into Waterfall, leaving behind the garbage dump without looking back.

I stop for a minute at the telescope that I looked through last time I was here. There's no pink smudged onto the eyehole this time. Also no Sans.

I encounter a barrel of umbrellas, but don't have time to take one.

The monster kid joins me again as I'm walking through the rain.

"No umbrella? Well I guess walking with someone is better than on your own," he says, joining me.

I wrap my arms around myself, hoping that he'll leave before Chara decides that this is considered a battle that she can control.

The monster kid gives me a lift up over a ledge, saying he'll find his own way there.

Sure enough, five minutes later, he appears, falling on his face once more.

In the corner of my eye, I see a blue glow.

I spin around and see Undyne advancing towards me, spear aimed at my chest.