Chapter 8

I wake up the next morning to Sans playfully slapping me with his slipper. I put my arms over my head and mutter sleepily at him, "Stop... I'm tired..."

When he doesn't stop, I pull the covers up over my head, hoping the thin cotton will shield me from the demonic shoe. Surprisingly, it does, until he gives up with the shoe and attempts to drag me out of bed. I squeal and grab onto my mattress hoping he'll leave me alone.

There's a pause, and then a blue glow surrounds me.

"No!" I giggle, "You'll never take me alive!"

He drops me in front of my wardrobe, which has my school uniform hanging on the outside of the door.

"Get dressed," he instructs, pointing at the uniform, "I'm heading home to get my uniform."

I crack up laughing.

"You? Wearing a uniform?" I guffaw, wiping my eyes.

"What's wrong with me wearing a uniform?" he asks, folding his arms and leaning on my bedpost.

"Sorry, you just don't seem like he sort of guy that wears uniforms," I say, once I've calmed down a bit.

Sans rolls his eyes at me and promptly teleports from the room.

I continue to chortle as I pull my shirt over my head.

I'm pulling on my skirt, when the door opens and Sans peeks his head around it.

"Sans!" I scream, blushing, "Get out! I'm not dressed!"

He shrugs and says, "I don't care."

"Well I do, you pervert!" I continue to scream at him.

"Okay, okay!" he says, raising his hands in defeat. He steps out the room, shutting the door behind him.

Five minutes later he calls through the door, "You dressed yet?"

"Yes, I am!" I call back through, pulling my hair up into a ponytail.

My hair has grown since I landed in the Underground. It now falls past my shoulders and down my back. I run my fingers through it, admiring for the first time, it's dark, chocolate brown colour.

Through my dressing table mirror, I see Sans come into my room again, blushing intensely.

He's dressed in a simple, white, buttoned down shirt with a collar and long black pants. He has a tie around his neck and his slippers are missing and instead, on his feet are black sneakers. His expression tells me he's incredibly uncomfortable wearing the uniform.

His blue jacket is slung over his shoulder, and he looks at me expectantly.

"Welp?" he asks, "How do I look?"

I giggle and run over to hug him, saying, "Adorable."

"Thanks kid," he says, placing his chin on my head.

"How I did you get into my school, being a monster and all?" I ask him, looking up.

He shrugs and says, "They weren't really that against it. Though, they did tell me that if I harm anyone, they'll kill me," he adds with an afterthought.

"What about Papyrus? He wanted to come," I ask him.

"Once he figured out that they taught Maths and Science, not Guard training, he decided not to come."

"Why are you coming?" I ask, curious for his answer.

He blushes and says, "Welp, it was mainly to get educated, as Toriel says I need to do more often, but I did also want to help you."