Chapter 12

"I don't care what he says! There is NO way I'm joining a basketball team!" Sans cries.

"But you were amazing!" Thalia protests.

"It's too much work!" he moans, dragging his feet on the cement.

"The teacher will be upset when you tell him you don't want to," I tell him.

"There's more important things in my life than making sure a teacher stays happy," he says, wrapping his arm around me.

I smile at him, and he grins back.

"I can't believe that you're never had a sleepover before!" Thalia says, bringing my attention back to the events of tonight.

"Well, I never really had the time," I tell her.

"I'm so honoured to be attending your first one!" she cries, jumping up and down.

"You and everyone else," I laugh, "It's all Papyrus has been talking about."

"It is exciting," Thalia says, skipping even faster.

"It's not really as important as you're making it out to be," I tell her, rolling my eyes.

"Okay, maybe it's not, but that doesn't mean I can't be excited," She says.

"Well, when you think about it, I have had a sleepover before," I say, thinking out loud.

"When?" Thalia asks, stopping in her tracks.

"The night I had the incident, you stayed the night," I say.

Thalia rolls her eyes and says, "That wasn't a real sleepover, all we did was sleep!"

"Wait! We're not sleeping at this sleepover? Then why am I going?" Sans asks.

"Cause you wouldn't want to stay in your own empty house all night, would you?" I smirk.

"True," he replies.

"Everyone knows that a sleepover is an oxymoron. No one actually sleeps!" Thalia chimes in.

"I'll have to just stay awake as long as I can," Sans says, finally.

"Darn right you will!" I giggle.

We reach my house, and walk through the front door.

Sans, Thalia and I all drop our bags in the hallway, and call into the kitchen, "We're here!"

"Great!" Toriel calls back, "Sans, can you carry the mattresses into the living room?"

"Sure thing Tori!" he calls back, and he leaves the hallway, eye glowing blue.

Thalia and I bounce into the kitchen, where Toriel is standing, cooking with her back to us.

Sans appears next to us two seconds later, and Thalia stands on her tiptoes to see what Toriel's making.

"Do any of you know where my knife for cutting pastry is?" Toriel asks.

I glance at Sans, and he's looking back at me.

I anxiously shift my weight from one foot to the other.

"Don't know, maybe Papyrus stole it for his spaghetti?" Sans says, shrugging his shoulders.

I let out a breath of relief that I didn't know I was holding.

"That's probably it," mutters Toriel, then she turns to us and says, "Don't you three have some games or something that you wanted to play? The dinner is a secret!"