Epilogue

"My journey never ended once I left the Underground. It was far from over. I never believed that I'd be making a speech up here for the third time. But I'm proud to say, that in those three years, Monster and Human cooperation has improved in ways that I never dreamed could have been possible. If it weren't for my amazing friends, I wouldn't have had the courage to get up here and talk. But now that I'm doing it, I see that it's not so difficult. Not when you're talking about the people and monsters that you love."

I hear a round of applause that ceases instantly as I begin to talk again.

"Now, I'd like to invite my friends up here to give you their own view on this topic. Please welcome Thalia, Charlie, Toriel and Sans."

My friends make their way up to the raised dais, looking incredibly nervous. I smile warmly at them and they grin back.

"Hey!" Thalia calls into the microphone, as I step aside. "My name's Thalia. I met Frisk a couple of years ago, and am so incredibly lucky that I did. She is the most wonderful person that has ever entered my life. If it weren't for her, I don't think I'd be up here today, saying things into a microphone about how great she is. That's because I wouldn't know how great she was."

That earns a couple laughs from the audience, but they quieten down when Toriel opens her mouth.

"Monsters and Humans are now living in harmony out in this world, and the one person we have to thank for that, is Frisk. She has guided all of us through these troubling times, and without her here, we'd never even be out of the Underground."

She quickly steps aside, looking a little anxious.

"I've learnt over the last couple years, that no matter who you are, what you do, or why you exist, you can change something about the world," Charlie says, "Frisk is the one person who showed me this, and I will forever appreciate her for it. She's earned my respect and I hope that she has all of your's as well."

I clap along with everyone else, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Okay, so, It's my turn now," Sans says into the microphone, "I'm supposed to talk about how great Frisk is, but I'm not gonna do that. She knows how important she is to me, and if you're not convinced of how amazing she is yet, I hope you have your head screwed on right."

People in the audience laugh heartily.

"So, anyway, what I'm gonna say instead, is how much you guys have changed her. Every day, she has a confident smile on her face, and she no longer wakes up to nightmares every night. I'm really glad about that, 'cause I was missing out on my own sleep too. But, she also has a new outlook on life. She loves anyone who loves her, she loves anyone she sees and she even loves anyone who hates her. That is the most admirable fact about her. She's been through the most toughest of times than anyone in this room can ever imagine, and she's stayed strong and brave. I really hope that you know, Frisk, how much every single person here, loves you. And if you don't, hurry up and learn."

I smile at him, and he grins back.

"Thank you very much," I say, back into the microphone, "We appreciate you listening to us."

All five of us leave the stage, Toriel first, Charlie and Thalia behind her, and Sans and I after them.

Undyne ruffles my hair as I sit back down at our table, and Alphys hugs me tightly.

"You did fabulously, darling," Mettaton tells me.

"Thanks," I reply.

I lean over and ask Sans, "Can you teleport me home tonight?"

"Sure thing," he nods before reaching for a bottle of ketchup.

I smack his hand away, and grin over at Thalia who's blushing deeply as Charlie talks to her.

"They're so cute," I sigh to Sans, and he follows my gaze over to them.

"Hey, what about us?" he protests.

"I don't know... Are we?" I wonder, grinning at him.

"Too cute for our own good," he confirms, placing a kiss on my lips.

I hold his hand under the table, waiting for the strike of ten. I'm too nervous to eat anything, and end up playing with my food, shovelling it around my plate.

"You gonna eat that or not?" Sans asks, eyeing my dinner.

"No, I'm too nervous," I tell him.

"Nervous about what? You already did your speech," he asks, looking confused.

"Don't worry, I'm just a bit tired," I reply.

"If you say so," Sans shrugs, reaching, once more, for the ketchup.

I snatch it from him and place it in front of Papyrus, who takes the hint and hides it under the table.

"Seriously bro? You're supposed to be on MY side!" Sans argues.

"Too bad brother, you're not getting the ketchup tonight!" Papyrus tells him.

The president walks back up to the stage, and thanks everyone for attending. After that, he bids us farewell, and people stand up to leave.

"Can you let Sans teleport me home, Mum?" I ask Toriel.

"Sure, my child," she says.

"Thanks," I say.

I take Sans' hand and say farewell to Thalia and Charlie.

There's the sound of static, and Sans and I appear in front of my bedroom door.

I open it, and pull him in.

"What's up?" he asks.

"I... um... need to talk to you about something..." I say.

"You alright? Do you need help or anything?" he says, grabbing me by the shoulders.

I laugh, and tell him, "No, I'm fine. I just need to say..."

"Say what?"

"Uh... I..."

I flop down onto my bed.

"Are you sure you're alright?" he asks again.

"Yeah, just give me a minute," I tell him.

I slow my breathing and clam down my racing heart. I stand back up and put my arms around Sans' neck. He leans in and kisses me.

When he pulls away, I gather up all my courage.

"Sans... I'm pregnant."

He stands in still silence for a second.

"It's mine?" he asks in disbelief.

"Who else's?"

"But... how?"

"I know it sounds crazy, but it's true. If you want you can come to the doctor's with me tomorrow to make sure. But I'm certain it couldn't be anyone else's," I tell him.

"Have you told anyone else yet?" he asks.

"No, you're the first person I'd tell," I say.

"I- Uh... Wow..." he breaths, collapsing onto the bed.

Then, suddenly, he lifts me up and twirls me around the room.

I laugh out loud and he grins at me.

"I love you," he tells me.

"Well, I love you too."