Chapter 7

"Something happened to you yesterday, I can tell," Thalia states, stopping in front of me and grabbing my shoulders to look at my face.

"What? No! N-nothing happened..." I say unconvincingly, continuing walking down the locker hall, searching for my Phys Ed. classroom.

"Don't run away, I have the same class as you. You can't escape me," she says, running to catch up, almost tripping over a stray bag outside the change rooms.

I walk through a pair of giant double doors, leading into the gym. She runs after me, grabbing my arm and saying, "I'm not letting go until you tell me what's going on."

I roll my eyes at her and tell her, "Well then you're going to be holding on a long time."

She huffs a response quiet enough for me not to hear. I drag her, still holding my arm, into the centre of the room. She lets go when the teacher gives her a funny look.

It being the last lesson of the day, everyone is bored and tired. The teacher decides to go easy on us, announcing a game of dodgeball.

He sorts us into two teams, red and blue. Thalia is placed on the same team as me, much to my disappointment and her excitement.

As the game begins, she bugs me with questions, but I'm too busy dodging every ball in the room to answer her.

Since everyone saw my display in the cafeteria on my first day, people want to see how good I am at dodging soft, red, rubber balls as well.

Thalia squeals and covers her face with her hands, as the onslaught of balls reach me. I leap over the first couple, gracefully landing on my feet, before cartwheeling past another dozen, all heading in the same direction. I duck under another ball, thrown by a boy with good aim.

I hear him swear across the room. The teacher doesn't notice, and is watching me, entranced.

I dodge four more balls, and all of them are now on our side of the room.

Thalia hands me a ball.

"Throw it," she instructs me when I don't do anything. I hand it back, not looking at her. Confused, she tries to place it back in my hands, but I wrap my arms around myself and head to the back of the room.

She drops the ball, and runs after me.

"Are you okay Frisk?" she asks, concerned and confused.

I try to force a smile.

"I'm okay, don't worry about me," I tell her.

The bell rings for the end of the day, and she follows me out the door. We pick our bags up at our lockers and go out into the sunshine of the courtyard.

After a quick glance around, I see Sans standing at the gates, bending down, talking to a young child.

"Hey, that's Sans!" says Thalia, waving at him. He glances up and waves back. He looks at me and his face goes blue.

When we start heading to where he's standing, I hear the child say, "Why are you going blue?"

Sans steps back and goes even bluer.

"I-I'm not blue... am I?" he asks, awkwardly.

The child nods his head.

"And Halloween isn't until October," the child says, looking pleased with himself.

"Yeah, I know..." says Sans, looking confused.

"Then what's up with your legs?" says the child, pointing at Sans' skeletal legs.