Chapter 16

"I'm up, okay..." I groggily stutter, waving his hand away.

"Welp, I'm not dealing with this this morning," Sans says, placing his arm around my shoulders and his other arm under my knees.

He carries me -bridal style- out of the bed, carefully placing me onto the floor.

I stand up, collapsing into his arms.

"That worked well," he says, as I rub my eyes.

"Why Sans?" I ask.

"Cause you needed a nudge in the right direction," he grins at me.

I stagger over to my closet and pull my uniform out.

"What, you're not gonna tell me to leave?" Sans asks, smirking.

"Doesn't matter, you'd sneak in anyway," I laugh, my back to him.

I pull of my pyjama shirt and put on my school top.

While I pull off my shorts, there's the sound of static as Sans leaves the room.

I'm pulling my skirt on when he reappears over my shoulder in his own school uniform.

"Tori says we can teleport this morning," he says, once I turn to face him.

"Okay," I reply, going over to my dressing table to brush through my hair.

"I got your bag," Sans tells me, handing it over when I turn back to him.

"Thanks," I say, taking his hand.

We appear at the school gates seconds later, and walk towards a bench in the courtyard.

I rest my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes.

"Hey, Paps!" Sans suddenly calls, and I open my eyes.

I see Papyrus walking toward us from the gates.

"What are you doing here, bro?" Sans asks when Papyrus reaches us.

"Well... I was.... ARGH! I can't keep a secret!" Papyrus says, stomping his foot, "I was coming in to give Undyne her lunch because she forgot it."

"What's Undyne doing here?" I wonder.

"She's, um... she's coming in to help with PE classes..." Papyrus mumbles, staring at his feet.

"That's awesome!" I exclaim and Sans nods in agreement.

"She wanted to keep it a secret, so please don't tell her I told you," Papyrus pleads, looking back up at us.

"Don't worry, we won't," I tell him and his face relaxes.

"Now I have to go, see you two later!" he calls, waving as he enters the doors of the the school.

"We have PE first," I say, "We're gonna have Undyne!"

"Great. Now I have to try for her sake," Sans grumbles.

"You have to try anyway, Lazybones," I smile.

"Fine, let's hurry to PE and see if we can talk to her before the lesson starts," Sans says, standing up.

"Good idea," I tell him and follow him into the school hallway.

We go into the gym, and find Papyrus handing a very hyped up Undyne a plastic lunch box.

"Hey, punks!" Undyne calls, waving her arm at us, wildly, "I'm teaching in this class today!"

"Good luck!" I say, when Sans and I are standing in front of her.