Chapter 10

"I need to talk to you,"

She turns around, arms folded, leaning against her locker.

"Shoot," she tells me.

"Not here! I need to talk to you privately!" I say, indignantly.

"Fine," she says, rolling her eyes, "Come with me,"

I follow her through the corridors of the school, until we reach an empty hallway.

"So, this isn't a hard decision to make," I tell her, looking at my feet, wringing my hands.

"That's what this's about? I'm listening," she says, perking up.

"Well, I've decided..." I start.

I look up into her eyes, and step close to her.

She looks surprised and stumbles backwards.

"If you ever thought I'd agree to something as horrible as that, you've got another thing coming," I whisper into her ear.

"You- I... W-what?" she stutters, before regaining her composure.

"Did you really think it would be that easy to just dismiss me like that?" she sneers at me.

"No, of course not! I fully expect you to try and get this from me with any means you can," I tell her, leaning in closer. "I just came to let you know that I would never betray my friends just to save myself from you. They all mean so much more to me than that."

I smile, making her her eyes widen. But I just turn around and head for the courtyard.

I do, however, catch her next words.

"If that's how you want to play, I bet I can beat you at your own game."

"Can we just walk home today?" I ask Sans.

"Okay, but only because I don't feel like letting you walk home on your own," he replies.

"I walked home on my own on the first day of school," I remind him.

"But I didn't know that! If I had, I would have walked you home," he tells me.

"You two are just way too cute!" pipes up Thalia, who has appeared by my side.

"Are we really though?" asks Sans, "There are a lot of people staring at me like I'm something they peeled off the bottom of their shoe."

"Really?" asks Thalia, turning to a group of kids who are whispering and glancing up at Sans every so often.

"Hey!" she calls out to them, "Find your own monster to stare at! This one belongs to my friend!"

Sans and I blush and step away from Thalia, as the kids look angrily at her.

"Bye now!" she says, waving at them, then running after Sans and I, who hurriedly leave the courtyard.

I grab Sans' hand and start running from her as she chases us down.

I'm looking over my shoulder at her, when I crash into someone.
"Seriously?" a familiar voice says, "Watch where you're going!"

"Sorry-" I look up, cutting myself off when I see the face I'm looking into.

She blinks a couple times, and looks me up and down.

She finally turns to Sans and asks, "Who are you?"

"Welp, I'm Sans. Sans the skeleton," he says, extending a bony hand to her.