Chapter 13

"What are you doing?"

His voice startles me, and I lose my concentration.

I fall off my toes, and stumble.

"Where'd you find those?" Sans asks me, gesturing down at my feet.

"I found them in Waterfall," I explain to him.

"You haven't gone back into the Underground have you?" he asks, looking concerned.

"No, I only just remembered I had these, I thought I'd use them," I tell him.

"Well you're doing well," he says.

"How long were you spying on me?" I ask, curiously.

"A couple minutes," he smiles at me, "You didn't see me did you?"

"I had my eyes closed!" I protest.

"Okay then," he says.

"What do you want? I'm pretty sure you didn't just walk in here to spy on me," I ask him, changing the subject.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out somewhere," he says, nervously looking at his sneakers.

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused.

"Just came to ask if you wanted to go on a date with me," he says, looking up into my eyes.

"Yes," I reply, trying to hide my excitement, "I'd love that."

"Awesome," he says, looking relieved, "See ya later then kiddo, I'll pick you up at six, okay?"

"Okay."

He teleports away.

I look back around the room.

The basement isn't my first choice to dance in, but at least it's clean and spacious.

I look down at the ballet shoes on my feet, wondering who they used to belong to.

I slowly lift my arms above my head, and bend my knees, leaping through the air, landing nimbly on my toes.

I wonder how old the child wearing these was. Pointe at my age is a bit extreme. Luckily I manage.

When I was younger, my mother used to let me take ballet classes. I think it was because she wanted me out of her sight as much as possible.

When I cried at her for not attending my first concert, she cancelled my classes.

I still vaguely remember the positions.

I do one final pirouette, ending with one leg behind me, head bowed in front.

I sit down on the steps leading to the basement, and untie the silky straps twisted around my ankles.

I pull my usual brown boots on, and walk up the creaky stairs into the hallway.

Toriel looks over at me, as she sits at the dining table, holding her phone to her ear.

She smiles at me, which I return wholeheartedly.

Once I'm in my room, carefully placing the shoes onto my bed.

I pick up my phone to ring Thalia. She'd kill me if I didn't tell her Sans just asked me on a date.

Flopping onto my bed, I punch Thalia's number into my phone.

It rings four times and then I hear her voice.

"Hey, it's Thalia speaking!"

"Thalia, it's me, Frisk. Can you come over to my place? I need to tell you something," I say.