Part 3 : Jane

Jane stared at the project on her computer screen for a solid 10 minutes until she jumped by her phone ringing, grabbing it to see an unknown number calling her. Still in trance of her work project she clicked answer, "Hello? this is Jane speaking" "Hi Jane" A familiar voice sounded, making her laugh as she face palmed herself. "Hi Aaron" She replied, closing her laptop as she rose to her feet. "Cheeky move to leave your number like that" He spoke, Jane walking over to the kitchen and opening the fridge to look for her frozen food. "What're you calling for?" She asked with a grin, pulling out a small plastic bowl and placing it on the counter. "Stop it Brendon! I'm so fucking tired-" Voices sounded through the phone, before she heard a door close which caused to voices to cut off. "Who were that?" "Hold on, let me answer your other question first. There's a festival in the park tonight, can I come pick you up?" "Hm, I don't know if you deserve to know my address yet" Jane teasingly answered, making him laugh. "Well, when will I?" "Are you voting liberal or conservative?" Jane questioned as she sat down at the kitchen table, grabbing her notes from the corner of the table. "Liberal" "It's number 25 on 7th avenue" Jane told him, making him laugh again. "How late should I be there?" "30 minutes from now?" "I'll be right there" He answered before hanging up, Jane laying the phone back down on the coffee table before turning the microwave on. She quickly finished eating and the doorbell rang soon after, Jane realizing she still had her reading glasses on when she opened the door. "Wait here, I need to put my shoes on" She said as she pressed her hand up against Aaron's chest, walking through the hallway to grab her boots. "Can I come in?" "Nope" She replied, making him smile at her again. "Kay, I'm ready" Jane said, closing the door behind her as she pulled her backpack up her shoulders, his hand reaching for hers when she was finished. She hooked her fingers through his as they walked through the almost empty streets, the street lights casting an orange light on the side of his face. Jane realized she had been staring too long when he turned his head to meet her gaze, Jane quickly looking away which made a grin form on his lips. "What sort of festival are we talking about?" She asked as she stared at her feet, before looking up at him again. "You'll see" Aaron told her, making her groan. After a few minutes they reached the park, Jane hearing music coming from the far end, seeing a podium with people gathered in front of it. "No one knows you can see everything better from here" Aaron spoke before sitting down on the stone steps, Jane sitting down next to him. She let her head rest in her hands and felt him looking at her, causing him to move closer to her as he moved his arm around her, placing his hand on the ground besides her.