Part 9 : Jane

Jane carefully sat down next to Aaron's sleeping figure, leaning over him as she ran her fingers through his now dry hair. "Hey, wake up" She softly whispered, hearing him groan slightly before his eyes opened to meet hers. "Is he okay? Did something happe-" "Yes he is, calm down, it's just a text from your daughter who asked you to come to the hospital again so that she can sleep" Jane stopped him, making him sigh to himself before running his hands over his face. He moved up right which made the covers pool around his hips, making Jane bite her lip before looking back up in his eyes again. Aaron's hand came up to move a loose strand of her hair behind her ear, stroking the back of his fingers over her cheek afterwards. She leaned in to kiss him deeply, letting the air escape through her nostrils before she pulled away. "I put your clothes on the chair over there" She spoke, looking back at it before looking back at him, getting up from her bed. She walked out of the room and grabbed her cup of coffee from the kitchen table before sitting down on her chair, texting her friends she wouldn't be able to make it in time to the café. "Thank you for letting me stay here, and sorry I had to bother you with this" Aaron's voice sounded, making Jane look back to see him buttoning his dark blue blouse, putting his black coat on afterwards. "I'll come with you to the hospital, you shouldn't go there alone" "It's fine Jane, my daughter is still there" "No I insist" She said, making him smile at her as she turned to grab her leather jacket.

Jane opened the car door and got out, her eyes falling on the hospital building. Small drops of rain fell on her face when she looked up at it, Aaron's hand on her back pulling her out of her thoughts. Jane moved her hand to grab his tightly, the sliding doors opening as they walked inside the building. Jane's eyes fell on the people in their beds on the intensive care, Aaron stopping in his tracks to open a chamber door. Jane stayed put slightly behind him, peeking past his shoulder to see his daughter sitting on a chair next to her brother's bed. "Hey honey.. how are you?" Aaron asked as he walked over to his daughter, who stood up to hug him tightly. "Who's that?" Jane heard Robin whisper to her father, making Aaron turn around to motion Jane to come over. "Well Robin, this is Jane, my ah, one of my friends" "Nice to meet you Robin" Jane spoke with a smile as she shook her hand, the girl smiling back at her. "Has anyone updated you about Brendon yet?" Aaron asked, sitting down next to his son on the hospital bed. He ran his fingers through Brendon's black hair and let out a deep sigh, Robin sitting down next to him. Jane pulled the chair towards her and sat down on it, crossing her legs whilst looking at the family with a sad smile.