Part 13 : Jane

"Your father never let you listen to these? That's horrible" Jane chuckled as she plugged in the record player, searching through the box of records before finally finding a good one. "I didn't let him even close to that thing, because little Brendon always left a path of destruction behind him, hm?" Aaron replied as he walked past Brendon, playfully hitting his shoulder before returning to the kitchen. The three of them looked to the stairs when Robin suddenly entered the living room, making Jane frown. "Did something happen?" She asked, both to Aaron and Robin. "Things are just a bit tense between her and her boyfriend" Aaron replied without looking up from whatever he was doing, making Jane sigh before turning back to Brendon. "Shall I help you back to the couch? I'm gonna help your father with dinner" Jane asked, making him nod. She lifted him up from the chair with a groan before walking over to the couch, Robin not looking up from her phone when Jane set Brendon down next to her. "She's upset because of me isn't she?" Jane asked as she let her shoulder rest against the door frame, making Aaron sigh as he placed the knife down, cleaning his hands with a towel before walking over to her, placing his hands on her hips. "My wife passed away 2 years ago, and Robin thinks I'm using you as a replacement" He said as he looked down at the floor, making Jane press a kiss on his cheek before hugging him tightly. "I'm sorry you had to go through that" She mumbled against his shoulder before moving away from him, "I've dealt with it for as far as I can, but Robin hasn't given herself the time to grief yet" Aaron spoke as he returned to the counter, turning the stove on before turning around again. They walked out of the kitchen to see Robin was laying the plates down on the table, already laying her phone down next to one of them as if only to make sure she wouldn't sit at that spot. "Dinner will be ready in 10 minutes" Aaron announced to the two, Brendon simply sticking out his thumb before returning to his tv show.

"Are you still doing okay?" Aaron asked Brendon, who answered him with a nod. "My legs still hurt a lot" He said, making Aaron exhale deeply. Robin was only pricking her fork in her food over and over which made both Aaron and Jane look at her, Brendon still in the middle of eating. "Aren't you hungry? We haven't had a proper dinner in two days-" "No I'm not hungry no, and you're too busy with your girlfriend too realize the real problem anyways" She declared, "Robin.. please don't do this now" "No! You're always have a fucking excuse to not talk about something" Robin shouted, making Jane stand up. "Come Brendon, you still need to show me your room" She spoke helping him stand up before they went upstairs.