Part 18 : Robin

Robin softly hummed to herself as she opened the fridge, getting out a water bottle before closing the fridge door behind her, walking over to the living room. Jane had gone home that morning and Aaron was upstairs with Brendon, getting ready to go out for a walk together. "Robin, get the car keys!'' Robin heard her father yell, followed by heavy footsteps coming down the stairs, making Robin look up to see Aaron holding Brendon in his arms, an alarmed expression on his face. "What happened? Is he okay?" She asked, running over to the kitchen to get the keys from the counter, opening the front door for her father, following him outside soon after. "His nose is bleeding again and he passed out for a few seconds.'' Aaron spoke before putting Brendon in the backseat, Robin sitting next to him for support, and getting in the front seat himself. Aaron started driving as Robin held Brendon close to her, looking down at his exhausted face, his forehead slightly damp from the sweat. They were about halfway there when Brendon slowly opened his eyes, taking in a deep breath before starting to cough profusely. "Drive faster, Dad!'' Robin exclaimed as she noticed some blood on Brendon's jeans that he had coughed up, his breathing starting to get irregular. Robin felt the car speed up slightly whilst holding Brendon against her, trying to help him steady his breathing as she rubbed his back in a soothing way. Aaron helped Brendon out of the backseat when they arrived, carrying him inside the hospital whilst Robin followed him. "I need a doctor!" Aaron yelled, walking with a fast pace through the hallways, his voice making a few nurses look up. "What's the matter?" One of the nurses spoke whilst inspecting Brendon, calling over two nurses with a stretcher. "His nose started to bleed again and then he passed out for a few minutes," Aaron spoke whilst helping Brendon get on the stretcher, "He's also been coughing up some blood." Robin added, worryingly looking at her brother that was rushed inside a room. "We'll be taking care of him now, you can go sit in the waiting room. We'll be with you soon for further information." The nurse spoke, making Aaron sigh in defeat before taking Robin with him to the waiting room.

Robin was tapping her foot against the floor nervously, having been sat in the waiting room for nearly 20 minutes now, getting more anxious with the minute. A door opened a few feet away from them, making both Aaron and Robin look up to see a nurse walking out. "How is he doing?" Aaron asked the nurse, holding his hands together tighter, worry seen on his face. The nurse's face fell, "I'm sorry to tell you, but your son didn't make it." She spoke, sympathy seen across her face. Robin felt the lump inside her throat get bigger as the nausea overtook her, making her fall onto the ground to lean on her knees, her hands supporting her on the ground. Tears started to well up as they soon turned into loud sobs, not wanting to accept the fact that her little brother just passed away. She heard her father cry besides her, a loud scream coming from him as he swore loudly, banging his hand against the wall. Robin sat up straight, holding a hand against her mouth to muffle her sobs, not being able to see through her teary eyes as she felt her father hold her, pressing her body tight against his.