Part 14 : Robin

"Robin, you're being unreasonable!" Aaron shouted, watching Jane take Brendon upstairs, sighing to himself before looking back at his daughter. Robin scoffed, rolling her eyes, "Me unreasonable? Why can't you just see that I'm just not ready for this yet!" She threw her hands in the air in frustration, running her fingers through her hair frantically. "For what? Nothing is happening, Robin." Aaron spoke, slowly calming his voice as to not turn the argument worse, not wanting them to just yell at each other. "For someone new, dad.. For you to start dating again. I know it's your life, but it feels like it would fill a gap that can't be filled." Robin let her arms drop down her sides, the anger slowly leaving her body, replaced by defeat. Her father sighed, taking in a deep breath before taking a step closer to Robin, "Sweety, Jane is just a friend. And yes, I will probably date at some point again, but that doesn't mean I'm trying to fill a gap." Robin looked down at the ground, trying to blink away her tears, "I know that you will start dating again, dad.. I'm just not ready for you to start dating Jane right now, I don't even know her that well yet." She looked up again to find her dad looking annoyed, "Since when am I going to date Jane? I told you she's a friend." His voice started to raise again, clearly frustrated. "But you like her?" Robin asked, seeing her father at a loss for words, staying quiet. He wanted to open his mouth but Robin interrupted him, "I fucking knew it. You might lie to me dad by telling me she's just a friend, but I know you well enough to know when you like someone." She spoke before walking past him towards the front door, swinging it open, "I'll be at Jared's if you need me."