Part 12 : Robin

"Welcome home, Brendon!" Aaron spoke as he pushed Brendon's wheelchair inside, Robin taking his coat and softly ruffling his hair. Brendon gave her a smile in return before asking Aaron if he could help him get on the couch. "What's all that for?" Robin asked as she noticed two grocery bags sitting on the counter, surrounded by a couple of pots and pans. Aaron turned around, his eyes drifting from Robin to the groceries, "Oh, Jane is coming over for dinner tonight. Sorry for the late notice." He spoke, making Robin raise her brows in surprise, "You've never had many female friends over, why now?" She asked whilst rummaging through the grocery bags, trying to find something to eat. Aaron let out a deep sigh, "Maybe we should have some more company over once in a while. Plus, she really wants to meet Brendon now that we're able to have him home." Robin saw her father take a couple of steps towards, making her take a few back. Aaron's eyebrows frowned in confusion, "What's wrong, Robin? Are you that bothered by me having a friend over?" Robin felt some tears well up in her eyes, clenching her jaw in frustration, "That's not the point!" She yelled, slamming her hand down on the kitchen counter, palm flat. "Then what is it, sweety?" Robin felt the tension leave her body as tears started to fall down her cheeks, dripping onto the ground when she hung her head low, her hair covering her face. "I just feel like you're already trying to replace mom.. It's just, it's only been two years. That may seem long, but to me it feels like she only died a month ago. " Robin spoke as she looked back up, running a hand through her hair, trying to get it out of her face. Aaron's face filled with sadness as he shook his head, "No no, honey, of course not. She's only just a friend and she's only coming to have dinner with us. I'm not replacing mom, sweety. I would never." Aaron took a step closer to Robin, trying to take her into a hug but Robin only let her father hug her for a second before shaking him off of her soon enough, walking past him. "I want to believe you but it really doesn't seem like it." She spoke before running up the stairs to her room.