[3] Slytherin

Draco's POV

I was wondering what the commotion was I was heading towards the great hall.

"Zabini, any idea why everyone can't seem to shut up today?" I asked

"You seriously haven't heard?Hogwarts is hosting the Triwizard tournament." he said "Look outside and check the ship from Durmstrang about to arrive. I heard Slytherin will accommodate them this year."

I was both confused and amused

Why did the ministry allow this event to happen again? Last I heard, students died in these competitions. Who needs eternal glory when you're a cold corpse six feet under? But then again, you will be a part of history.

At least something interesting is happening at Hogwarts this year; I just hope saint Potter won't ruin it and take the glory for himself as usual.

Blaise and I entered a buzzing great hall. We took our seats at the slytherin table.

As the sorting ceremony began, I couldn't help but notice Potter and his friends having a serious conversation. I wonder what it is this time. What more can they do to annoy the life out of me. Sure, he was the boy who lived; but how special can he be when he hangs out with bloodtraitors and mudbloods.

After the sorting ceremony, my attention suddenly turned to Dumbledore as he was about to introduce the schools that were joining.

The Beauxbatons were first to be called in. About two dozen students - mostly female, started walking along with their headmistress.

They had an alluring entrance where the girls do a curtsy and blue butterflies flew out from their group.

I could see the curious eyes of the boys from every house, especially from Gryffindor. It was amusing to see them easily impressed by beauty.

After the students from beauxbatons settled in the Ravenclaw table, Dumbledore introduced Durmstrang Institute.

I was slightly intimidated by the air of confidence they seem to radiate as they marched in with walking sticks. I was suddenly lost in thought; I would have probably be one of them if not for my mother's wish for me to be closer to home.