[41] Sectumsempra

Anastasia's POV

Nothing much was discussed after our attack on the burrow. Days have passed and the manor seemed to be quieter than I expected it would be. Voldemort has not called for me once, and Greyback hasn't been lurking around behind my back.

I sat on my couch and read the letter I received from my mother once again. I haven't heard directly from her in a while and it's still quite unbelievable to me.

My Dearest Anastasia,

Sending this letter was risky, but it was something I was willing to take as a mother who loves her children.

I know choosing this side was not your first choice. But know that even if you think the circumstances may dictate that you continue to fight for his side, I implore you to choose your own destiny. There is goodness and darkness in everyone, being his follower doesn't mean that you are far from redemption. Also, do not be distressed over me, child. I've lived my life full of joy being a mother to you and Valeria.

I'm terribly sorry about what you two have been doing. This was not the life that your father and I wanted for you and your sister. We believed in Voldemort's cause about blood purity, but we were already in too deep when we realized that he would only cause chaos and destruction of the wizarding world.

I miss you terribly my sweet girl. I don't know the next time I'll be able to write, but know that I'm doing what I can to get Valeria back. Have courage and faith in yourself.

Love always,

M.Ivanov

I shed a tear the moment I burned the letter while wishing I was there to hold my mother and my sister again. Although I desperately want to see them again, I would not want to risk their lives.

----

The train was filled with students again, so the excitement from the holidays could be heard from all corners.

"Everyone seems to be cheery don't you think?" Draco asked us.

"Well, we did just have our holidays, mate. Probably everyone's just bragging to their friends about what presents they got for christmas" Blaise replied.

The sound of the train engine with the busy chattering of everyone was silenced in my head when I saw Ron Weasley with a familiar purse in his hands. I turned to my other companions and saw they were all preoccupied- Draco fell asleep while Pansy and Blaise were busy chatting. I looked at the aisle and saw Ron standing as if waiting for me outside, so I did.

I mentally flipped out with fear he would cause a scene which would endanger mine and Draco's identities.

"Ronald...what are you doing here?" I asked

"Look, Anastasia...I've been spending days thinking so much about how I got a purse full of money. I was actually convinced that maybe I have lost my mind" he said as he showed me the purse I gave him when we attacked the burrow.

"When I emptied it, I turned the purse inside out and saw a clue...something was engraved on it" Ron whispered.

'How could I be so careless that I forgot what was in that purse' I mentally curse myself.

"It had some initials written on it- A.I" then he looked straight at me as if peering into my thoughts "Call me crazy, but I'm quite certain these are your initials, Anastasia Ivanov"