[17] Marked

A/N

As promised this chapter will be a long one. Hooray! Anyway...the song seemed fit to listen to while reading the chapter. I had all the feels while writing it so I hope you guys would like it.

Vote/Comment to keep inspiring me to write more.  Please don't be ghost readers T.T

-S

------

Third Person's POV

The day that Valeria has been dreading has finally come.

Her stay at Malfoy manor was cut short when her mother Marie Ivanov informed her that she was summoned at the Riddle House to meet none other than Voldemort himself. Although she believed in the cause of blood purity, she did not want to go as far as hurting or killing muggleborns. All those years with Viktor Krum made her realize that no one deserved to be killed based on what family they were born in.

But right now, she had to put aside all those memories that she held dear. She had to stand up to her family's values and choose a side. From Malfoy Manor in Wiltshire, England...Valeria apparated to the Riddle house at Little Hangleton.

Before she could even knock, the door slowly opened and revealed a short man with rat-like features. Val took a good look at the curious looking man and noticed one of his hands were made of silver.

"We-welcome Miss Iv-Ivanov...I'm Peter Pe-Pettigrew" he stuttered.

"I believe you were expecting me?" Val said monotonously.

"Fo-Follow me miss" Pettigrew then led Val to a room on the second floor. With Valeria walking behind him, he announced their presence to the figure that was seated at the far corner of the room.

"She's here my Lord" Pettigrew said.

"Come close, child" the figure said with a voice that sent chills down Valeria's spine.

Valeria did as she was told, and the closer she got, the clearer image she saw of the man in the black robes. The man was tall and bony, he had pale skin that looked almost opaque, small incisions for nostrils, and deep scarlet eyes- he was snake like.

"I assume you've heard of me?" he hissed

"You're Lord Voldemort..." Valeria acknowledged.

"Huh! Such a brave girl to come here alone" Voldemort mocked her.

"I don't trust anyone else with my life. I defend myself." she retorted.

"Then it's true that you hold abilities that would impress me?" Voldemort asked her. Valeria smirked as a reply while her eyes turned its red color.

"Show me!" Voldemort said while pointing at the shaking little man- Peter Pettigrew.

"M-my Lord?" Pettigrew said with fear in his eyes.

"Show me!" Voldemort demanded this time.

Much to Val's distaste about hurting people without reason, a part of her deems it fair to punish the rat-like man. If it weren't for him, Voldemort wouldn't have returned.

She turned her attention to Peter Pettigrew and said a few words of precaution "This may hurt just a little."

"