[36] Monsters

A/N

I recommend you listen to the song above while reading this chapter. I LOVE RUELLE! Seriously her music just speaks to my heart. 

Thank you all again for the readers who aren't tired of showing me support. A big hug to all of you! Once again, I hope you guys continue showing me some love by COMMENTING and/or VOTING. I love it when you guys tell me about your opinions or reactions about the chapter. 

Love always

-S

-----

Draco's POV

It has been an eerie past few weeks. People kept going in and out the manor as if it was their own- I guess that's what happens when your father fails to do a task Voldemort wanted done. I also haven't been able to see Ana much. To my displeasure, the dark lord too much liking in her abilities and tried to hone it and even taught her more about the dark arts.

With everything that has been happening around, I spent my days with my aunt Bellatrix who has been teaching me occlumency to get ready for something that she said is about to happen soon. She already deemed me competent enough for it, so today, I just read some books in my bedroom and waited to hear Ana's bedroom door open or close.

It was almost sundown when I heard Ana's bedroom door close, so I immediately sprang up from my bed, put my book back in my stand, and then knocked at her door.

"Ana?"

"Come in" I heard her say from inside so I went in.

Ana was seated beside her couch with her hand on her head and a troubled look on her face. This is what usually happens every time the dark lord made her do something against her will.

"Something is happening to me and it's something that's consuming me inside" she said in a hushed voice

"What do you mean, love?"

"I did something horrible again, Draco. I let this old wizard relive his worst and darkest memories in his mind. I mentally tortured him and I felt no remorse while doing it. I don't know what is happening to me, I only realized what a terrible thing I was doing when he begged to me to end his life."  she admitted

"But you didn't kill him right?" I asked.

Anastasia shook her head "No...but it was wrong that I felt nothing while torturing him. All these practicing with the dark arts and ancient magic is getting in my head. If what he wants is for me to be a monster like him, I think he's succeeding"

I brought Ana with me on the couch and let her head rest on my lap. "Shh...don't ever think that. We're going to get through this". These are the moments when I cannot help but blame myself for not being able to stop Valeria from handing Ana over to the dark lord.