[44] Assassination

The hours I waited in the room of requirement were torture. In those hours, I kept pacing back and forth contemplating about every bad decision I've ever made and might possibly make in the future. I sometimes sat in silence and mentally cursed every loyal follower of Voldemort- starting with my aunt. Then thoughts of Anastasia, mother and father occupy my exhausted mind.

I wonder if Voldemort will help get my father out of Azkaban once this task is finished. I wonder if my mother has been doing well even with the death eaters coming in and out of the manor. I wonder if Snape will keep his word and keep an eye on Anastasia as the plan will set in motion.

All the questions and thoughts in my mind were silenced when I heard the clock chimed.

It's time...

I took a deep breathe as I removed the fabric that covered the cabinet and waited. Then as expected, the handle turned and the door opened while the death eaters marched out one by one.Just when I thought the last of them has gone out of the cabinet, I thought my eyes were deceiving me when I saw the familiar blonde girl with blood red eyes.

Just when I thought the last of them has gone out of the cabinet, I thought my eyes were deceiving me when I saw the familiar blonde girl with blood red eyes

"Valeria?" I let out a whisper while my aunt started laughing. "Surprised to see your little girlfriend's sister?" she mocked.

"She's here to finish the job just in case you run like a coward like your father" Yaxley snickered.

Triggered by his comment which I thought was unnecessary, I raised my wand at him as a threat. "Don't you dare talk about my father like that, Yaxley. Let's not forget that you never attempted to find the Dark Lord- not once"

"Enough, Draco! We have people to hurt and kill!" aunt Bellatrix said impatiently as she started walking towards the door.

As my aunt led the group, I quietly went to Valeria's side and whispered "You shouldn't have come, Val. You don't want to do this"

I noticed Valeria's steps slowing down as she tilted her head back and forth. Then to my surprise, she looked at me without the red eyes. "Don't let me kill anyone. I'm trying so hard to fight this back and make him pay-" she managed to say before she winced in pain and her eyes turning red again.

"You must not fail, Draco. If you do, I'd have the pleasure of killing the old man." she said coldly. Something about that brief encounter with Valeria struck something inside me. She's trying to fight back even if it's hurting her and even if it might cost her life.

Soon after, the shrieking began in the hallway as the death eaters marched full swing. I hear the Carrows throwing spells around destroying even the walls and windows.

I had no intention of hurting anyone else but I firmly held on my wand as I expected some members of  Dumbledore's army to retaliate.

"Malfoy!" Crabbe said as he approached us. "Snape says Dumbledore's in the astronomy tower".

"Stupefy!"