[11] Legilimency

Ana's POV

When I opened my eyes, I thought that maybe...finally I might be in peace. Everything was bright and there were no signs of my nightmares. Then my eyes began to adjust to the bright surrounding...I see a high ceiling. Was I back at Hogwarts?

"Madam Pomfrey! She's awake!" I heard Draco's familiar voice shouting. I look to my left and see him running towards me..he had bags under his eyes which tells me he hasn't been sleeping.

He held my hand and hugged me...I could feel his tears falling on the side of my face. "Draco...what happened?" I said while my voice still cracked

"A selkie dragged you to the bottom of the lake...I thought I lost you forever." he continued to shed tears for me. I looked at him and suddenly remembered the horrible visions I had. "Draco, I need to speak with Headmaster Dumbledore" I whispered.

"Hello, Ms. Ivanov" I heard an old voice say. I look the other way and see Headmaster Dumbledore with Professor Snape. "I was notified you were awake and headed here as I too, wish to speak with you"

Snape then turned to Draco and said "Mr.Malfoy, we would like a moment alone with Ms. Ivanov. I do believe her sister Valeria needs to be notified as well." Draco planted a kiss on my forehead and left the hospital wing.

"You gave us quite a scare, Ms. Ivanov. It's not usual for a selkie to act so violently. She sensed great power and danger so she wished to hide you." Dumbledore said softly

"How long was I unconscious?" I asked

"About three days" he answered

Three days? Was that really how long I was out? Those visions seemed to keep replaying over and over again in my mind. Was that the danger the selkie sensed?

"Headmaster, I know you're a great wizard. I need your help" I finally had the courage to ask him. "When I was in the darkness...I've had visions" I said to him

"Of the futures, Ana?" he asked curiously

"No, sir...I think what I saw were glimpses of the past..."

"Curious..." He then looked at Snape then turned to me again "Do you mind if I take a look?" he asked kindly

I shook my head "Go ahead, Sir". I read about this...the art of legilimency...he was about to go in my mind to see what sort of visions I meant.

After a while, Dumbledore looked at me with a very concerned expression.

"Ms. Ivanov, may I see your wand?" I nodded and handed him my wand. He looked surprised and showed Snape. "Ana, where did you get this?"

Did that even matter? I wondered

"This was a family heirloom, sir. I was told it once belonged to someone powerful. One day I found it hidden in one of chambers, and it chose me as its owner."  I explained

"Do you know who's wand it was?" He asked me. I shook my head. "This wand belonged to one of the founders of this school- Salazar Slytherin"

I was speechless. Salazar....the baby

"Sir, I don't understand. My vision...there was a baby..."I was starting to stammer.

"Your visions are very important, Ms. Ivanov...but very dangerous...tell no one else about this. I will do my best to learn everything I can about what I saw. But for now, I leave you in Snape's care" then Dumbledore left me alone with Snape

"Anastasia, your thoughts right now make you vulnerable from those who wishes to obtain them. When you fully recover, meet me at my office after your classes. I will be teaching you to protect your mind from your enemies." Snape said

"Okay, sir" I said before he made his way out the hospital wing. I didn't know he was gifted in occlumency.

After a few minutes when Snape left, I see Val run towards me.

"You are never going near that lake again...do you understand?" she then hugged me really tightly. "I told Draco to rest. He's been spending his time here while you were still out".

"Val...I saw something. It was like my nightmares or my visions, but this time...I have a feeling they might have actually happened" then probably out of shock, she sat down at the end of the bed. "I told Dumbledore, Val...I know you told me not to tell anyone, but he's a great wizard...I believe that he could help me. Even Snape is out to help me with this." my eyes were starting to tear up again as I remember the horrible things i saw.

"What did you see this time, Ana?" Val whispered

"I saw myself and Draco happy...we were practicing magic as kids. But then I saw the both of us...a little bit older than now...we were tortured, Val. They bound us in chains as they tortured us and I was weak...I couldn't do anything to protect us from the evil men." I started crying as I narrated to my sister. "But there was something else as well...I saw a baby- my baby...and I was a parselmouth"

Val just sat there with eyes that was filled with horror and sadness.

----
Third Person's POV

Dumbledore was at his office fervently reading a book. What he saw in Anastasia's mind certainly gave him an insight of what the young witch was and what she was capable of doing.

"Excuse me, Headmaster" Snape suddenly broke his concentration. "Ms.Ivanov is willing to take occlumency lessons with me. But I must ask, what is it you saw?"

"Severus, I saw memories so painful that I'm surprised Ms.Ivanov hasn't gone mad...she has quite a strong heart." Dumbledore exclaimed. "I believe that she lived centuries ago along with a certain boy. Their love was so strong that their magic found a way for them to find each other again. I believe that they were the lost parents of Salazar Slytherin himself"

Snape was now in confusion "You mean to say that she's reborn from centuries ago?". Dumbledore nodded. "Yes...Ana and the boy in her visions. She has yet to discover her abilities, Severus. She's much more powerful than she thinks she is, but they are all locked away in her memories and waiting to resurface."

"Headmaster, what happened to the boy? Where is he now?" Snape asked

"The boy is here, Severus...they vowed to find each other if they lived again and they did. That boy is Draco Malfoy" Dumbledore replied.

--

A/N

Sorry if the chapter was a bit short. I've been a bit busy with exams but I promise to update regularly again after next week :)
Again...please don't be ghost readers and continue to inspire me by voting or commenting.

-S