[26] Inquisitorial Squad

Draco's POV

When our awfully quiet dinner was done, Ana and I excused ourselves from the table and found an empty corridor where we could talk.

I was anxious about what she was going to say. I could assume the worst like her marching up to the Dark Lord and demanding to let her sister off the hook, or maybe it could just be her abilities getting stronger- I hope it was the latter.

When we stopped near a pillar, Ana's gaze was suddenly more intense. Then I felt an invisible wave come at me and I was taken back a step.

I was in an empty corridor in the seventh floor when I saw a disappearing door several feet away. Then I saw a huge room with a fireplace in the corner. I saw students from different houses and years, but I could recognize Granger, Longbottom, the Weasley's, Loony Lovegood, that girl Cedric dated, and that annoying prat Zacharias Smith. They were all in a corner while looking at what seems to be a duel between Ana and Potter.
Then the scene changed and I saw Ana looking at them practicing how to disarm. I notice how some of them were mocking Longbottom and how Ana offered her help.

"Please explain what just happened. Are you one of them now?" I was truly saddened but still I gave her the benefit of the doubt and waited for Ana to explain herself.

"I need to practice magic, Draco. That's the only way I can become stronger. With Umbridge controlling this school, this was the opportunity that came to me" Ana said.

It was obvious that we were clearly not learning as much as we want, but this was a very risky thing for her to be doing. Umbridge works for the Ministry- a ministry that has been persecuting Potter who Ana has been associating herself with.

"You're putting yourself in a difficult position, Ana" I exclaimed. "You do know how much trouble Potter is with the Ministry right? Umbridge is forming a group of students to catch them! Not to mention what both our families would say if they find out about this!"

"About the group that toad is forming, I just found about that too. I overheard the others talking about it during dinner. As for our families...what they don't know won't hurt them right? Unless you rat me out." she calmly answered.

"How are you so calm about this?" I was confused. I took her hand and rubbed her palm "I implore you to reconsider, Ana. Of course I wouldn't rat you out like that to our families, but if that toad woman hurts you like she did with the others, I might just forget who she is."

"You are the most caring, Draco. I'm sorry I've been surprising you a lot lately, but I've made up my mind."

I knew that changing her mind is close to impossible so I still looked unhappy.

"How about we compromise?" she suggested. "I only do it till before the holidays. I just need to practice on some advanced spells then I'll be done. After the holidays, I promise it will be us concentrating for the OWLs."

That was probably the best deal I could get so I forced a smile "You really are something when it comes to negotiation, Ms. Ivanov. You scare me with your impulsiveness but your passion is really other worldly."

----

Before I went to bed last night, Pansy was waiting for me in the common room. I had respect for the girl, but I was never a fan of all the years she's been trying to stick to me like a leech.

"Drakkiee...don't forget our meeting with Professor Umbridge tomorrow" she said and winked before she went upstairs to the girls dormitory.