[5] The Ivanov's

Draco's POV

It's only lunch and I could officially say that this was my favorite first day of class. I didn't even feel hungry at all. While being hopeful mother sends me back a letter, I try to remember my morning....

As I was headed to the great hall earlier for breakfast, Valeria happened to be on her way there as well.

"Good morning, Valeria"

"Hello, Draco. You can call me Val if you like"

"The prefect handed me Ana's schedule. It looks like she'll be in most of my classes. I could help her out - I'm the top Slytherin student in our year" I informed her.

"That's good, but I believe Ana can handle her class work. Do you mind if you stick with her though? I wouldn't want to see her associating with mudbloods or blood traitors; not that she would do so willingly anyway." she was clearly against it...and then I noticed her eyes turned red again for a brief moment.

Something tells me that they were raised in the same environment I did. Not surprising as I picked up that they were from a good pureblood family in the North. But I couldn't help but be curious about her eyes

"Val...Do you mind me asking. I noticed your eyes turned red last night and just a moment ago"

"That would be a story for another day. Or if you want, you could ask your parents."

She knew my parents?

I know I asked mother about them. I was now starting to wonder what she would write in that letter. How does my family know theirs?

After breakfast, I got to know a bit about Ana on our way to DADA. She seemed very competitive and I was actually finding it rather amusing.

The morning class which I thought would be calm turned out to be tge complete opposite.

Intense wouldn't even fully describe how DADA went. Mad-eye Moody was on a whole different level.

Moody was rather odd and he seemed mental to introduce the Unforgivable Curses on the first day. But he did have a point about having to know what we're up against.

I was more surprised when he asked Ana to perform the Cruciatus curse.

She must have learned all these already so she was confident in performing the curse. Before Granger suddenly pointed out how bothered Longbottom was.

After class, I noticed the looks all these Gryffindors were giving Ana as were walking in the hall. Her eyes were telling me she was a little bothered, so I assured her that what they thought about her didn't matter.

When I asked her whether she has done all the Unforgivable Curses, she looked hesitant to answer. She stopped walking and gave me as what I believe to be a concerned look.

 She stopped walking and gave me as what I believe to be a concerned look