[20] Diagon Alley

Anastasia's POV

Draco mentioned in his letter last week that he was chosen as Prefect for Slytherin house. We didn't really have 'Prefects' back in Durmstrang but we did have 'Vodachs' which I'm guessing is about the same thing. It was a big responsibility and I'm proud that his abilities are recognized by his peers and mentors.

He also mentioned something about Harry Potter producing a Patronus. If someone would ask me, I would say I was impressed. I know how difficult it was to conjure one- it was a spell that couldn't be done by many witches or wizards. Even I haven't been able to do it. Maybe Potter is not as bad of a wizard as many people in Hogwarts might think.

I glanced at the clock and saw that it was already past one in the afternoon so I got out of my bedroom and called my sister.

"Val! We have to get going. These requirements aren't going to buy themselves you know" I said loudly outside her bedroom door.

The door swung open and revealed a worn out looking Valeria. She was paler than ever, her eyes looked sunken as if she hasn't slept for days.

"Are you alright? It looks like you haven't been sleeping" I said bluntly. She looked up to me and smiled "Yes. I guess all this moving to Hogwarts is getting to me. But don't worry...it's only for a year and I have you, so I'll be fine in Hogwarts"

Valeria sounded convincing...but I wasn't sure if she was trying to convince me, or herself.

"Alright. Do you still want to go to Diagon Alley with me?" I asked.

"Of course" Valeria replied.

I was disappointed that Valeria didn't want to apparate and tag me along with her. I've always wanted to know how it would feel to apparate, but she's convinced that it might do me harm so we used the floo network instead.

We ended up in a pub called the Leaky Cauldron where a nice old lady told us that the entrance to Diagon Alley was at the basement of the pub. When we got there there was a sign that said 'Diagon Alley' which pointed to a large busy street, and there was a sign in the opposite direction that said 'Knockturn Alley' that pointed to a narrow dark one.

"Ana, do you mind if I meet up with you after a while? I have certain requirements that can only be bought in Knockturn Alley" Valeria suddenly said.

"Do you want me to accompany you?" I asked her.

"No, it's alright. You go along and wait for Draco...I'll just meet you later around 3 o'clock at that shop where we'll get our school robes"

"If you say so, sestra. I'll see you in a while then." I said to her as we both headed our way in different directions.

It was harder than I expected to move around Diagon Alley since I was not familiar with the place, so I kept looking at different sides to distinguish what items are sold in every shop.