[32] Escape

Third Person's POV

Ana and Draco just arrived at the great hall for breakfast but unlike the usual quiet chatter in the morning, the great hall was buzzing with chatter from every house. They noticed most of the students were holding a copy of the daily prophet. In the Gryffindor table, Ana noticed Neville looking upset as he put down his copy of the paper, while in the corner, Harry and the trio were confronted by Seamus Finnigan.

"Hey Blaise, what's all the fuss about? Why is everyone so busy with the paper?" Draco said to Blaise who was also busy reading the paper.

"Take a look at that mate" Blaise replied as he handed Draco his copy of the daily prophet. "It's starting...the Dark Lord is making a bold move" he whispered.

Draco showed the paper to Ana as they both read the headlines together "MASS BREAKOUT FROM AZKABAN"

Draco was no stranger to the people who got out of the wizard prison. In fact, they were old friends of his father and their names may have been brought up throughout the years. He knew of the things they did for them to earn a ticket to Azkaban, and he knew how notorious and cruel they were. He shuddered at the thought of his Aunt Bellatrix staying at their manor.

"How do you think they escaped?" Blaise whispered once again just enough for Draco and Anastasia to hear. "I heard "

Draco only shrugged at Blaise's question as he did not want to further think about the number of death eaters that were casually around the wizarding world, while Anastasia kept quiet and grabbed a piece of toast before she stood and excused herself from the table. Draco hurriedly followed behind her "Ana! Wait! Were you upset with what I said?"

Ana didn't know how to respond to Draco's question. She wasn't upset with what he said, but she was deeply bothered by what happened days prior that is making her question whether Valeria had something to with it.

"I didn't see you throughout the holidays and now that you're back you treat me like the plague!" Valeria's facial expressions didn't falter. It was still cold and uninterested. Ana reached out for he sister's arm, but Valeria only pulled away. "When will you understand that I have certain obligations? I can't get out of this, Ana...so please just leave me alone!" Valeria said.

"Would you just let yourself rest for a moment? You seem like someone who hasn't properly slept for a while" Ana said with concerned as she studied Valeria's pale face. But as usual, her sister dismissed her once again "He isn't resting, Ana...I'm about to do something big, and I want you to stay out of it.".

Ana was put out of her reverie when Draco brushed his hand against hers. "It's not you, love.I just thought about what Val said a fews ago. I just have a bad feeling..." she admitted. "You don't think she was the one behind it, do you?" Draco questioned. Anastasia still wanted to think that her sister couldn't possibly be responsible for the huge breakout in Azkaban, but knowing about her sister's magical abilities and the possibility that she was made to do it under the influence of an unforgivable curse- Ana had a strong feeling in her gut that Valeria really had something to do about it. "There are a lot of things she's hiding, Draco. I just wish that my feeling about this is wrong".