[13] Introductions

Draco's POV

Last night seemed like a very bad dream for most of the people who were there to witness it. Two of the champions were attacked during the tournament, one died under the killing curse, and the other was there to witness the rebirth of the darkest wizard of all time. It was also revealed that there was a traitor in the midst of the Hogwarts staff...him being Mad-Eye moody, who was actually Barty Crouch Jr. It gave the dreadful events of last a more horrifying ending.

I held Ana's hand while the entire hall was in complete silence waiting for a word from Dumbledore. I see Potter's tired and worried expression. I see Cedric's friends faces filled with grief. I also see the haunted expression in Val's face. She's one the strongest and most skilled witches I know...she comes off as mean and an elitist, but deep down all she wants is to keep people she love safe.

"Today...we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know...exceptionally hard-working, infinitely fair minded, and most importantly...a fierce, fierce friend." Dumbledore said as he stood up from his chair and walked towards the centre of the hall. "Now I think, therefore, that you have a right to know exactly how he died."

I could feel Ana's grip tightened as we both knew what Dumbledore was about to announce to the entire school.

"You see...Cedric Diggory was murdered...by Lord Voldemort" Dumbledore continued.

At the mention of his name, I see a couple of students lower their heads by the tragic story that happened just hours ago, and I see some looking confused at the mention of the Dark Lord's name.

"The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me...and reminds us...that while we come from different places and speak different tongues, our heart beat as one. In light of recent events...the bonds of friendship we've made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that and we'll celebrate a boy who was...kind and honest, brave and true, right to the very end." The hall remained silent after Dumbledore gave his speech and excused us from the great hall to pack our belongings and bid farewell to our guests.

On the way back to the common room, I motioned Ana to stop for a while and took her out to the courtyard.

"Are you done packing your things?" I asked her

"Yes...I couldn't sleep last night so I ended up packing everything"

I take a deep breath before I finally asked her the question I've been dying to ask.

"Listen...Ana...if there was one thing I realized from what happened yesterday, it's that life is very unpredictable. Life is fleeting. We could be standing here all fine today, but we never truly know what will happen tomorrow." my pulse was starting to quicken as I reached out for her hand.

"I've never felt more certain about anything in my life until you came along, Ana. I couldn't just continue facing each day without taking this chance. I used to think love made you weak, but you make me want to be stronger...I'm in love with you, Anastasia Ivanov and I want to keep having you by my side even if it would mean me transferring to Durmstrang. Will you be my girlfriend?"

There...I finally asked her. My heart was racing and my mind was playing every possible scenario that could possibly happen. I look at her and saw her eyes become watery.

Did I say something wrong?

"Ana...is there anything I said that you didn't like? I'm sorry. Please don't cry" I shakily said. Then to my surprise she wrapped her arms around me.