Chapter 7

I knew it, I bloody knew it and yet I did not do anything about it.

As I suspected all eyes turn to me the moment I walk into the bakery with the seven boys closely following behind.

Namjoon walks so near to me I wonder if he has ever heard of the term ''personal space''. Same goes for Jungkook on my other side.

It is that Yoongi pulled them back by their collars before we entered the store. They looked at him with a slightly annoyed but curious look which he in turn answered with a similar expression. 'Are you glued to her? Give her some space,' he warned his friends with a slightly threatening tone in his voice.

Every time one of the other guys came close to me during our time at the university and on the way to the shop, Yoongi kept an eye on them. It makes me somehow uncomfortable that he is behaving this way, but on the other hand he probably wants me to feel less awkward around the others.

The shop is already buzzing with life when we arrive. Most tables are occupied by locals who seem to enjoy our baked goods. Mom keeps walking to and fro serving customers.

When I step inside, her eyes directly meet mine and a look of relief appears on her face. 'Scarlet, please come help me. It's crazy here.' She sounds pleading, not yet on her knees begging for my aid.

I look over my shoulder to the men behind me. 'Guys, I have to help for a bit. Go sit somewhere and make yourself comfortable.' I glare at Namjoon. 'Which means that you still have to behave.'

He mumbles something along the line of ''I don't know what you mean'', but Jin gives me an assuring nod. He will make sure nothing odd will happen.

Where has he been all my life? He is like a perfect brother to me. Although I am glad he is not, that would be too awkward. The little sister hanging out with the brother's friends. I shudder at the thought. No, thank you.

None of the customers seems to have a say about me coming in with seven lads as companions or they just do not care. That at least lifts a burden off my shoulders. Though mom might ask some questions later, but that is a concern for another time.

I run to the kitchen, grab an apron and return to the store. Taehyung waves at me to let me know where they sit. I wave back shyly. It is very sweet of him and I cannot help but smile. He seems to notice, because he smiles as well. That is what I assume, if that boxy grin is the way he laughs. Quite strange, but I like it. Jungkook looks at him with an indescribable emotion.

Hoseok is studying the menu card, mom had insisted we made them so that people knew everything we have to offer, and Jin is having a conversation with Jimin.

Yoongi looks like he is so done with them, especially when he looks in Taehyung's and Jungkook's direction.

Jimin tries to distract Namjoon by talking to him and get him to join his conversation with Jin, but the interaction is one-sided as Namjoon's eyes keep looking solidly at me. Surely he has to have different interests other than me.

Look away, man! There is nothing to see. Go talk with Jimin, he needs attention, I think as I help my mother by taking over the cash register.

Rapidly yet friendly I help everyone and, because of the speed of the service, things soon calm down.

'Thank you so much, darling,' mom sighs as she hugs me tightly. 'I thought I was going to have a mental breakdown.'

On the cream coloured couch in the corner of the bakery Jin is smiling at me. Shoot! What if the others see me like this? I do not want to appear as a girly girl that likes hugging and such, because I do not. Only an exclusive number of people are allowed to come this close. Plus, Namjoon can and probably will use this as an excuse to hug me. He will find a way, I am sure of it.