Chapter 12

The lecture hall is filled with fellow students, who are listening to the information that is being told about the current subject from the seats on the tribunes. The only other sound in the room beside the monotone voice of the grizzled professor, is the scribbling of pen on paper, jotting down the words in ink before they are forgotten and thus create mayhem during the examinations. I, however, pay not much attention to the lecture because my mind is occupied by the strange awakening, not by the events of the past that have shaped the country.

'Miss Bennett, can you at least try to seem interested?' the professor's stern voice pulls me back into reality and ashamedly I apologize, after which I grab a ballpoint from the pen case next to the empty page to at least get some use out of the class.

Sitting within the professor's sight on one of the first rows is basically a death sentence for dreamers as has been proven once more thanks to the current situation.

It was not the plan to act like this when I came here, but things just happen.

I cannot wait until the remaining two hours are over. Not that they will be useful anyway, but nonetheless they can be used in order to understand other things.

*

'Scarlet? Yo, Scarlet!' Jimin tries to grab my attention by snapping his fingers right in front of my field of vision, the sound fierce and sharp. With absent eyes, sight actually still turned towards the thoughts which were at last oppressed during the lecture thanks to the realization it might be handy nonetheless, I look at the black-haired boy across the table. 'Is something going on? You seem so lost in thought.'

His lecture ended at the same time as mine and we decided to read our notes over in the cafeteria, which lead to us being here now.

The smell of caramel macchiato, which is incomparable to the one at the bakery, fills everyone's noses in combination with the aromas of cooled artificial food and warmth of homemade meals. I prefer the mix of coffee and baked bread, everything fresh and vibrant, over this slightly fissiparous one. 'I just had a very strange morning,' I mumble in response, rubbing my forehead in the hopes of gaining more clarity instead of only more questions.

'It must have been really odd if you are behaving like this. What happened?' He leans back in the cherry red chair, arms crossed over his chest.

Shall I tell him, about the wolf? He will probably not believe me, no matter how I present the situation to him.

No, it is better to keep quiet lest another stamp of insanity will be put upon me.

On the other hand, Taehyung seems to know more and he is friends with Jimin, so does he know the same as the lad with the orange hair? There is a big chance lies shall be told once more if I tackle the subject.

There has to be a way to avoid this conversation which can be found quickly.

An idea pops into my head, but the question is whether he will be happy about it.

Unnoticeably, I bite the inside of my lip, the doubt mingled with fear in the shape of a fantastic stone that directly sinks to the bottom of the stomach, before I take a chance with the last bit of remaining courage which has withstood the descend. 'The other day in the bakery, when you stormed off,' I begin, not daring to look him in the eye, too afraid of what can be seen in them, 'what was the reason behind it? I was really worried. Still am, actually.'

Ever since it happened, it has not stopped haunting the chaos of thoughts which has been created since the move.

The dancer shifts uncomfortably in his chair, the attitude filtering through in the words he speaks. 'You don't have to be, I'm fine.'