Chapter 29

The sound of our running feet echoes off of the walls in the empty hallways as we make our way to each of the lad's cells. I am glad Jin is holding my hand and acting as a guide, because without him I surely would have been lost.

Before we left the cell where they had thrown me in, I saw that the lock was completely busted. I almost stumbled over the device that he had used to bash it in: a fire extinguisher. When Jin noticed I barely managed to keep myself from falling, he had made a dry pun about not getting injured any more or else I could frighten someone next time they saw me. The in principle terrible joke kept me from thinking about what happened just a few hours ago and for that I am grateful. I need to stay sharp, but also my heart to be distracted, the task of which the second in command has taken on for the time being.

I get pulled to the right into an extension of the last hallway we have been through which has more empty cages. That is to say: they are all empty except for one.

On the floor of one of them sits a slumped tall figure. His blonde mohawk is tousled and hangs limply to one side, covering a very severe bruise under his eye. His plump lips look even more so due to the strikes and the metal scorpion's attacks, leaving various cuts to interrupt the dark macaroon pink with stripes of a bloody red.

When he hears our footsteps he raises his head, the expression rapidly changing from a feral viciousness to a thankful relief as he sees it is the two of us. In spite of it must having to hurt, he gives us a bright smile. 'Jin, Scarlet! How did you guys get here?'

'Kookie tackled one of the guards that were escorting us to our cells. Before we each would have been directed in the opposite direction, he broke the man's nose by throwing his head backwards and wrestled him to the ground, choking him into unconsciousness with his handcuffs. I tried to occupy my guard until the other was down so that Kook could knock him out as well. Afterwards we searched them for the keys, splitting them between us to get you out faster. We only couldn't find the one to Scarlet's cell, but with a little bit of force I got her out still. He is going after Tae, Jimin and Hope. I am to pick up Scarlet, you and Yoongi.'

'It's in moments like these I am wondering whether or not you should be our leader, Jin.' Though he sounds proud of the escape plan the two men have set in motion, his voice has a hint of sadness and self-doubt.

'Monie, there is no better alpha than you. After all, you lead our first prison break, remember?' Namjoon nods, the memory of their capture and successful escape resurfacing. 'Well then, that proves the point. Hold on, man. We'll get you out.'

We get interrupted by the heavy thud of boots on the stone floor. A big bald man, resembling a closet, rounds the corner. As soon as he sees us, he grabs for the taser at his hip. 'Oi, what do you think you're doing?' His voice is as pleasant as his appearance, which is not in the least.

Jin hands me the key, turning halfway to the unwanted visitor. 'Open the door. I'll keep him busy.'

He dashes off as I open the metal prison door, helping Rap Monster to his feet. 'Thanks.' He looks to his companion, who has engaged into a fit with the walking mountain. 'Let's lend a hand.'

Against all odds and expectations, Namjoon manages to land quite a few blows on the unsuspecting enemy. The strength with which he does so is remarkable, because it had seemed as if he had been just as weakened as the rest of us.

How would the other guys be doing? Hopefully still better than me, a living frequently used punchbag.

Jin quickly sweeps a small device that had slid away from the floor and places it upon The Mountain's body, that begins to spasm severely and loses all movement shortly afterwards.