Vanished (Alternative ending)

It seems so far away. Every step I take towards it in my haste to reach her, seems to be made undone. Ironically enough they put her in the same room Hoseok was hospitalized in, making this all a very cruel joke for fate to play on me.

Around the corner, straight forward and the last door on the right after passing a vase with lilies. Panting I stand in front of the door behind which she is hopefully doing well.

Please, Scarlet. I beg of you, don't leave me.

Without her there is nothing worth living for anymore, because the game has been played and the government will never stop hunting us. It has no ending, the fear, the paranoia, being a mistake. She made me believe I can be more than this, but now I am doubting how true that feeling is. I need her to be better, because she takes the demons away.

I need her to save me.

With a knot in my stomach and a heavy heart that can only hope she will not vanish from life, I enter the room. A tranquil atmosphere hangs in the air as the rain falls soothingly against the window in a comforting rhythm and the world outside is coloured in warm shades of red. The only thing that disturbs the calmth is the sight of my toffee princess all wired up to beeping machines, all bruised and wounded.

They broke her. Those damn bastards almost took her from us.

It all happened when we tried to escape the facility they put us in. As we were fighting, Scarlet went looking for a vehicle to use as our way out. However, one big burly guard that I should have kept an eye on managed to flee from the hustle to go after her. If I had not been busy tearing out their throats I could have saved her.

I should have been able to do so.

But I was not.

I failed her.

I am worthless.

In the corner stands a clinically white plastic chair, which will probably function as a bed unless I want to sleep on the floor. One thing is for sure, the doctors will not get me to leave her side until she wakes up and I see those cat eyes returning my gaze. I drag the stool to the edge of the bed, throw my jacket over the back of it and place my bag beside my feet as I sit down.

'Look at you,' I mournfully whisper, caressing the soft locks of hair that I love to bury my nose in to take in the scent, always caramel macchiato invading the senses and intoxicating me thus. 'Why did you run? Why couldn't you just wait?' The snigger that escapes me sounds awfully sad. 'Nevermind. I know the answer. You've always had a thick skull.'

I sit down and grab my notebook along with a pen out of my bag. It is time to finish what I started. The surprise will light those gorgeous eyes up and hopefully lessen the severe atmosphere. Scarlet can definitely use a cheer up before the headache will set in.

I had been writing two songs this whole time to surprise her with on the festival, but evidently that will never happen as she will not be released until the real doctors are absolutely sure she can save herself.

Although, can she really?

Jin told us about her mother's demise and from what I observed, they were really close. More than mother and daughter.

One more blow for my fudgehead to deal with. She does not have to suffer alone though, because I will remain by her side. I will take her away from here if she no longer has a desire to stay or, in case she wants to linger, she can come to live with me.

'Please wake up. I need to see you, alive.' No response, but what else could I have expected?

I sink back in the chair and start writing, but nevertheless keeping watch over the baking queen in the bed.