1.57 Hilltop

Later. Morning.

We were sitting around the kitchen table. Michonne, Carl, Dad, Jesus, Glenn and me. Daryl was standing behind my chair with his gun in his hand.

Abraham was standing next to Glenn.

Dad " how did you get out?"

Jesus " one guard can't cover two exists or third floor windows. Knots untied and locks get picked. Entropy comes from order, right?"

Daryl raised an eyebrow " Right "

Jesus " I checked out your arsenal. I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. You're well-equipped, but your provisions are low. Very low for the amount of people you have. 54?"

Maggie who was sitting next to Glenn" more than that "

Jesus " well, I appreciate the cookie. My compliments to the chef. "

Daryl " yeah, she ain't here. "

Jesus sighed " look, we got off to a bad start. But we're on the same side...the living side. You and Rick had every reason to leave me out there, but you didn't. I'm from a place that's a lot like this one. Part of my job is searching for other settlements to trade with. I took your truck because my community needs things, and both of you looked like trouble. I was wrong. You're good people. And this is a good place. I think our communities may be in a position to help each other. "

Glenn " do you have food?"

Jesus " we've started to raise livestock. We scavenge, we grow. Everything from tomatoes the sorghum."

Dad " tell us why we should believe you"

Jesus " I'll show you. If we take a car, I can take you back home now and you can all see for yourselves who we are and what we have to offer. "

Maggie " wait, you're looking for more settlements. You mean you're already trading with other groups?"

Jesus chuckled " your world's about to get a whole lot bigger."

----------------

We all were packing some of our stuff and put it in the RV.

Dad walked from Carl to me.

I smirked " you know that I like her"

Dad " It's different"

Me " we had that talk after you left yesterday. You accepted Daryl. I'm accepting her. Besides, she's a really good friend of mine so don't fuck this up"

Dad chuckled " got it"

He hugged me.

I asked confused " Why the hug?"

Dad " stop growing up so fast"

I laughed " shut up"

We got into the RV. I sat down on the window and Daryl next to me. He put an arm around me.

I looked to the front.

Dad had his hand on Michonne's knee and she had her hand on his.

I smiled at them.

we started to drive.

--------------

Suddenly Dad hit the brake.

Daryl called out " yo, Rick, what's going on?"

Dad " looks like a car crash just happened"

Jesus looked out of the window " It's one of ours."

He got out of the RV.

Daryl found tracks leading into a store. Dad had handcuffed Jesus and he had to wait outside with Maggie while the other cleared the store.

Dad " you hear me whistle, you shoot him"

I took my knifes out. We began to walk in. We heard walkers. We separated. Dad and Michonne in one room. Glenn and Abraham in another and Daryl and I in the other one.

We killed two walkers.
We walked into the room and nodded there was a man. Scared

Daryl " We're with Jesus. Come on"

Man shook his head " I can't. My fried is hurt from the car crash"

Me " our friends are looking for him. Come on "

We then ran back out.

We got back into the RV and drove home.

I was leaning against Daryl's shoulder. I yawned.

Jesus' friend began to cry.

Suddenly the RV stopped.

Me "What now?"

Dad " a storm must've past through. We're stuck "

We all got out.

Jesus " That's us. That's the Hilltop. "

We stood in front of a wall.

The we walked to the front gate.

As we got there a man yelled to us " Stop right there "

We all pointed at him with our guns.

Jesus " whoa!"

Daryl" you gonna make us?"

Cal asked pissed off "what the hell, Jesus?"

Jesus " open the gates, Cal, Freddie's hurt. "

He turned to us.

Jesus " look, sorry about these guys . They get antsy standing up there all day doing nothing. "

Cal " They give up the weapons. Then we'll open the gates. "

Daryl " Why don't you come down here and get 'em?"

Doc " Gentleman, look, we vouch for these people, all right? They saved us out there."

Jesus yelled " lower the Spears "

Dad " look, I'm not taking any chances. Tell your guy Gregory to come out here."

Jesus shook his head" no. Don't you see what just happened? I'm letting you keep your guns. Look, we ran out of ammo months ago. I like you people. I trust you. Trust us. "

Dad raised his hand to signal to put the guns down.

Jesus yelled" open the gates, Cal!"

They opened it and we walked inside .

We walked to the big house. There were stalls with Cows and chicken. And there were trailers on one side.

Jesus " there was a materials yard for a power company nearby. That's how we put up the walls. A lot of people came from a FEMA camp. Trailers came with them."

Michonne " how did people find out about this place?"

He pointed at the big house " That's called Barrington House. The family that owned it gave to the state in the '30s.bthe state turned it into a living history museum. Every elementary school 50 miles used to come here for field trips. The place was running a long time before the modern world built up around it. I think people came here because they figured it'd keep running after the modern world broke down. Those windows let us show in every direction. It's perfect for security. Come on, I'll show you inside."

We walked inside.