1.103 "Carol!"

Next day. Morning. At Alexandria. In the infirmary. 

Dante had killed Siddiq. Then he tried to kill Rosita while baby Coco was around. Rosita managed to beat him up and killed Walker Siddiq, stopping him fro killing his baby. 

Daryl punched Dante "hope that hurts"

Rosita was out for blood. 

Dante "it doesn't matter. none of this matters. Watch enough people get incinerated, devoured alive, you see how ridiculous it is getting attached to ourselves. But knowing that sets you free"

Me "is that what you're doing? setting us free?"

Dante "if you learn that lesson, it'll only help you"

Daryl lit his cigarette "what, so we can be more like you?"

Dante "accept the future"

Gabriel " Siddiq depended on you. Why put him through all that hell in the barn just to kill him months later? I-I can't see an ideology behind that. "

Dante "I liked Siddiq. "

Rosita "Oh, you liked him? "

Dante nodded "He wasn't part of the plan. But he found out who I was, so I had no choice. "

Me "What plan? "

Dante "Encourage your paranoia about us which will push you into bad decisions. Places like this are cruel promises to their people, and they crumble at the smallest nick. Hell, I'm gonna enjoy watching you rip each other apart over what to do with me. Just like with Negan. "

Gabriel "Is that what you want? A public reckoning? A chance to be heard?"

Dante "That's what you'll give me. Because it's right. "

Rosita " We helped you. "

Dante " Why? 'Cause you wanted another doctor around? You got something from me, too. Don't pretend you didn't. "

Rosita growled "pedaso de mierda "

Dante " No one is actually kind. We are selfish. We are brutal. Come on. Even seeing all those heads on spikes didn't teach you what people are? "

Rosita kicked him in the back and he fell off the bed. 

Aaron walked in as Rosita walked out in tears. 

--

Aaron "He's been here four months. How didn't I know? "

Daryl "None of us did. "

Aaron "We all ate together. Talked about training the militia. He treated Gracie."

I shook my head "You can't do that to yourself. "

Daryl "Yeah. Especially now. We gotta keep our heads straight, try to figure out what's going on. "

Aaron " Mary, the Whisperer I've been talking to, um, told me where Alpha is keeping the herd. Just over the border, on their side. It's this sunken field on the edge of the national forest. "

Me "We can leave right after the funeral. "

Daryl "We're gonna trust a Whisperer now? "

Me " You wanna do nothing? "

Daryl "Lydia's still gone. We don't even know what that means yet. "

AAron "Alpha doesn't know that. With Dante locked up in a cell, she never has to. "

Daryl "We ain't gonna talk about how this is probably an ambush? "

Aarron "Well, the baby that Connie rescued apparently that's Mary's nephew. She wants to see him. I don't think she's lying."