A Hero Awakens ➺1

➺✿➺
I am a huge Zelda fan and I've been wanting to make a Zelda fanfic for quite some time now. This will be updated as I continue in the game, but it will not be solely based off of the storyline and will tend to deviate. Despite that :
SPOILERS AHEAD!
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺
Art by Vasirasart on Tumblr and Deviantart (Vasira96 on Instagram)
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺

The soft wind blew through my (h/c) hair, lifting it gently before lowering it down to my forehead once more. I was laying back against a tree, high above the lower points of the Great Plateau. I had just scaled the side of this mountain, and I had resorted to lazily watching a beetle make its way through the leaves of a nearby tree. I reached back and pulled a red apple from the pouch at my waist, raising it to my lips, when I heard a rumbling shake the mountainside. I gasped and pushed my palms into the dirt, raising myself from my resting position. I placed a gloved hand on the mountainside and guided myself downwards, leaning on my spear for support. It was rather easy to use as a walking stick, as it was tailored specifically to hide my spearhead from sight when not in use.

In a few steps, I noticed a vacancy in the stone wall that hadn't been there before. My eyes narrowed as my fingers traced the exposed stone. I peered inside the cave structure, but I didn't dare proceed. I hadn't come prepared for whatever may lurk inside. I knew better than to venture into dark caves, especially ones that appear from nowhere. I shook my head and continued walking, my leather boots crunching small leaves and twigs as I went. Not long after I had departed from the peculiar cave I caught sight of a bright, blonde haired girl walking through the forest. I crouched down and gripped my spear shaft, readying myself for an attack in case this encounter turned crucial.

Though I myself stayed quiet, the same could not be said for the nearby wildlife. A bird, startled by the sight of me, quickly fled, chirping along the way. This caused the blonde to turn their head and look directly at me. My hood had been brought down over my hair, and I was camouflaged against the dark, dense foliage I had hidden myself in. I, however, got a better look at the stranger. To my surprise, the "girl" I'd seen was actually a boy. Or possibly an extremely flat woman, whichever works. I shrugged it off and examined their features. They had somewhat lengthy, fluffy blonde hair and bright cerulean eyes. My eyes trailed down to their chest as I examined their toned, but lean and skinny physique. This person had declined to wear a shirt, and was simply sporting some cloth chaps and brown leather boots. They seemed to notice my eyes on them, though they could not see me.

The stranger's hand flew down to their belt. At first, I thought they had reached for the strange, glowing slate that hung there, but instead they grasped what appeared to be a tree branch. I rolled my eyes as they pulled the twig free and a few mushrooms fell from their pack. I remained crouched as the newcomer approached, most likely assuming I was an animal to be hunted. I briefly wondered when they had last eaten before reminding myself that I had no reason to care. The stranger was almost upon me, and by now I had confirmed that this was definitely a young boy, and not a female with a tragic hormonal deficiency. He stalked forward, loudly snapping twigs as he moved. I stopped myself from chuckling, this boy clearly knew nothing of stealth yet. He had practically reached my hiding spot now, but he looked right above me as he searched for the "animal" he'd thought he'd heard. I took this opportunity to spring up behind the boy, wrapping my arms around his waist and pressing a dagger to his throat. He cried out and fell to the ground. I used my body to pin him in place, sharply kicking his leg to discourage him from moving.

He stopped finally and I looked to the slate-like thing on his belt. "Tell me what that is, kid." He struggled once more and cried out. "Stop that! You won't be getting any help right now." He stopped moving once more and pressed his cheek to the ground in defeat. "Now, tell me what that thing is!" I spoke again, more harshly this time. He shook his head. "I-I don't really know! I don't know where I am or why! I swear I just woke up." I scoffed. "You just woke up and you don't know where you are? How heavy of a sleeper are you, kid?" He sighed. "Look I really don't know! I don't have anything you want I swear!"