New Memories ➺5

➺✿➺
(Y/n): Your name
(H/c): Hair color
(E/c): Eye color
(H/n): Horse's name
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺
Art by Omarito on Deviantart
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺

We found ourselves in front of the large wooden doors that led into Impa's temple for the second time that day. Link sent me another reassuring smile, as though I was scared. My only fear was that Link may decide he couldn't finish this quest. I returned his gaze and smiled back, hoping to give him courage. I had high hopes for the hero, but I had already come to a decision. I would be there for Link throughout this adventure. And, if he found the journey to be too much, I would finish it for him on my own.

He stepped forward and opened the double doors to greet Impa. She was sitting in much the same position as before, seated amongst a tower of pillows. She raised her sunken eyes to us. Link's choice to continue on our journey had clearly piqued her interest. She let out a low chuckle and shook her head. "So... You've chosen to hear the words of the princess?" Impa asked, though she already knew the answer. Link nodded, a determined expression crossing his face.

Impa seemed pleased. I knew she must've felt relieved, as there wasn't really anyone else she could ask to save the world. The old woman looked at each of us in turn, and began to tell the story we were all two familiar with. Calamity Ganon threatened to destroy Hyrule, and we attempted to combat him with a mechanical army. To our dismay, Calamity Ganon took control of our forces and turned them against us. Unlike the King, however, she centered her story around the four divine beasts. According to her, they were operated by four pilots, each of a different race. They had perished a hundred years ago in the war against Ganon, and their divine beasts still terrorize the land to this day.

I glanced about, examining the tapestry that aided the old woman in her storytelling. My eyes focused in on the mysterious masked figures that lined the various corners of the artwork. My vision blurred and I inhaled sharply as a fuzzy memory resurfaced.

➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺
Memories
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺

I was lying on my back, in some place strange and unclear. Soft blue light emanated from either side of my body. My hearing seemed damaged, as I couldn't focus in to anything being said. There were faint yells and sounds of destruction resonating around me. Despite my efforts, I could not move. I only lay there limply as someone approached. Their face... it was obscured by some sort of mask. An eye-like symbol was painted onto it. I couldn't resist as the figure slowly raised a blade above their head.

➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺
Currently
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺

I shook my head as I was returned to reality. It was as though I had woken from a dream. Link seemed rather alarmed and quickly wrapped an arm around my body, as though I would fall without his support. I blinked and pushed him away. "I'm fine, I'm fine! I just... Spaced out." I quickly tucked a bit of (h/c) hair behind my ear and looked up to meet Link's cerulean eyes. He wasn't buying it.

Determined to change the subject, I asked Impa where we had left off. She gave me a knowing look and reminded me that we had been speaking of the divine beasts, more specifically, what we must do to free them. Link reluctantly tore his eyes away from me to face Impa once more. "Like I said, there were once four champions of immense skill from across the land. Though they are long since dead, their divine beasts remain. There was Mipha of the Zora, Daruk of the Gorons, Urbosa of the Gerudo, and finally Revali of the Rito."