Reunions ➺11

➺✿➺
(Y/n): Your name
(H/c): Hair color
(E/c): Eye color
(H/n): Horse name
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺
Art by mmimmzel
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺

As soon as I'd left the Fairy Fountain, I scouted out my next route. My first concern was how I'd be getting to Rito Village. I sincerely doubted that I could run the entire way, even with the magic of the fairies still coursing through my veins. I'd have to find a stable first. I climbed the nearby hill and peeked over, searching for any sign of a stable. All I could see was a strange, circular formation of land that rose above the surrounding lake. The area was quite mysterious, and there didn't appear to be any pieces of architecture in it, but lakes typically meant civilization. Where there is water, life typically thrives.

I jumped forward, glider in hand, and sailed down to the peculiar location. It was rather barren apart from a few trees and a tiny pond. Upon closer inspection, I saw that there was a statue of the goddess within the shallow water. I took a second to send a prayer to Hylia. I would probably need it. Sunlight seemed to drift down just to illuminate the statue as I spoke. I prayed for the safety of myself and Link, and continued onwards.

A spotty forest lay on the other side of the lake. Trees seem to stick up at random, revealing the flat, grassy land below. Strange objects that were seemingly manmade were scattered about. I squinted, trying to recognize their shape, but remembered nothing. Though I couldn't recognize the structures, I noticed a stable just beyond the red-leaved trees. I leapt forward and drifted down to the lakeside, hoping to get a better look.

My boots touched down in the mud on the edge of the water. Typically, they would be soaked through and my feet would become drenched. Now that they'd been upgraded by the Great Fairy, my feet remained dry. I continued on my way, happy with the improvements.

I tucked away my spear as I grew closer to the object. It appeared to be some sort of Sheikah technology, much like the shrines, Divine Beasts, and even Link's Sheikah slate. The one nearest to me was becoming overgrown with mossy foliage. I searched the machine, finding a few bits of ancient technology. I heard footsteps behind me and turned. A man was approaching from the road beside the forest. He seemed normal enough, so I loosened my grip on my spear.

He leaned against the machinery with a grin. "Hello there. What're you up to?" I adjusted the weapon on my back and stepped away, tucking an ancient gear into my bag. "Just traveling I suppose... Is there something you need?" He shook his head, tapping his fingers against the mossy Sheikah technology. "Nothing in particular.... You just look rather familiar." I was becoming a bit uncomfortable. He didn't seem like he was up to any good. I walked to the next abandoned machine, hoping to excuse myself from the situation. He followed me and called out. "Hey, wait! You mean you don't remember me?"

"Look I don't know what you want, but I'm warning you to back off. I don't remember you." He laughed, his voice, which was deep at first, raised a few octaves to that of a teenager's.  He sent me a sly smirk. "Then perhaps I'll give you a reminder." He waved his hand in front of himself, shielding his body in a cloud of  smoke and strips of paper, shimmering red as they drifted down. I jumped back in shock as the man from before disappeared and was replaced by a lithe young man in a red and black body suit. My memories flashed before my eyes as I saw the mask obscuring his eyes. The symbol of the Sheikah was inscribed on his mask in red, though it was flipped upside down. It was exactly the same as the one I'd seen in my memory.