Death Mountain ➺22

➺✿➺
(Y/n): Your name
(H/c): Hair color
(E/c): Eye color
(F/c): Favorite Color
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺
I'd suggest turning on the music when the Death Mountain section begins.  It doesn't make much sense for the beginning haha.
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺
Art by Mei-xing on Tumblr
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺

     Link yawned and pulled his Sheikah Slate from his side.  I leaned against his shoulder, watching him tap away as the bright blue sky made way for night.   Link absent-mindedly shifted towards me, laying his head atop mine.  "So.... one left, huh?"  He nodded in agreement and moved the Sheikah Slate where I could see it.   He pointed to an undiscovered area up in the corner.  It seemed like he'd already uncovered the majority of the map.  "I bet you anything we need to go here."  I tilted my head.  "You sure?" 

    "Positive.  We don't really have many other options."  I yawned.  "Alright, then how do you plan on getting there?" 

     "There's a shrine a ways away from that area.  We could travel there and look for a stable."  I gave him a curious glance.  "We can take a break.  It's no use trying to reclaim another Divine Beast while we're exhausted."  I understood his point as my eyelids were becoming heavier by the second.  I glanced up as the sky grew dark around us.  Specks of silver shone through, providing a bit of illumination in the otherwise dark landscape.

I stood up and looked back to see Link was watching me carefully. "We'd better get going. I don't want to have to fight whatever might attack us tonight."  He blinked and shifted his gaze whilst standing up and brushing the stray grass clippings from his legs.  "Y-Yeah.  I guess so."  He pulled the Sheikah Slate from his belt and took my hand in his.  Link held the tablet for me as I selected a shrine close to our destination.  I closed my eyes as a bright blue light swirled around our bodies, instantly teleporting us to our location. 

➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺

The light faded as my feet touched the ground once again. I felt Link's hand still secure in my own and sighed. He took notice and gave my hand a quick squeeze.  I smiled and opened my eyes to take in my surroundings.  My footing gave way for a moment, as the grass had become slick with rain.  Said droplets fell against my cheeks as I stared up into the gloomy sky.  I brought my hand to my face to wipe away the water.  "Enjoy it while you can," Link said with a grin.  "What do you mean by that?" 

     "Have you remembered anything about the Gorons?"  I shook my head.  I'd seen a few in Gerudo Town, but had never approached one before.  They were lumbering, rocky creatures with large round bodies and jagged backs and shoulder blades.  Based on their build, I could guess what Link meant by his comment.  I only hoped it wouldn't be as hot as I'd imagined. 

     Link gave my arm a quick tug.  He'd taken a few steps towards the nearby stable and was urging me to follow along.  Shielding my head with my sleeve as best I could, I caught up to him and leaned over his shoulder. He was examining the map yet again, holding a gloved hand just above the screen in order to shield it from the dripping sky. "You're sure we're nearby?" Link nodded and pointed out past the foggy horizon. There was a mountain off in the distance, glowing softly despite the dreary night. I stood on the tips of my toes, attempting to get a better look at the mysterious landmark. Unfortunately, a mass of clouds rolled by, obscuring it from my sight entirely.

I turned to Link once more. He'd been staring at me again, this time through partly lidded eyes. Beads of water had been caught in his eyelashes. They reflected light like morning dew as he watched my face. "What?" I asked curiously. If he was going to stare, he really should've picked a spot away from this downpour. I gave him a strange look as he reached back behind my neck. With a flick of the wrist, my hood was lying over my head. He'd pulled on it a bit too hard and allowed it to fall over my eyes. I lifted up the fabric and frowned, raising an eyebrow at his behavior. "Sometimes I wonder if I should be taking care of you." I shook my head indignantly, remembering all the times I'd saved his life as we made our way down to the stable. "Keeping my hair out of the rain doesn't put you in charge."