My Queen ➻ Kahli One-Shot

➻☉➻
(Y/n): Your name
(E/c): Eye color
(H/c): Hair color
(F/c): Favorite color
➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻
A specialized chapter just for Kahli.  (Due to popular demand) This takes place in an alternate timeline in which he survives.  It's not necessary to read this to understand the rest of the story.  Enjoy !
➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻➻

I fussed with the fraying (f/c) fibers of my Gerudo garb, remembering the day I'd bought this outfit fondly. I'd been with Link that afternoon. It seemed like it'd been years since we'd last seen each other, but I supposed it'd only been a few months since he and Riju had departed, leaving the throne to another heir, as required by Gerudo law. I was pulled from my thoughts as said heir wrapped his arms around my waist, pressing his cheek to the scar on my side.  "Sav'saaba, my queen," Kahli teased.  He'd taken to the Gerudo language far quicker than I had, though I'm glad he did.   He was one of them, after all.  

       "And a good evening to you too," I said, playfully pushing his face away.  "And I'm not yours just yet.  Besides, aren't you chief and not king?"  He laughed and held me at arm's length, "I like calling you queen," he said, examining my outfit. His emerald eyes shone lovingly as he recognized my clothing.  "Ah, I remember this...  You wore it the day we reclaimed the Thunderhelm."   I nodded, reminiscing.  He'd fought so bravely that day.  Surely, betraying all he'd ever known was no easy task, but he did so for the sake of Hyrule.  He'd even shot down a Yiga archer and saved Link's life near the end of the fight.   Afterwards, he stayed with us and aided us in reclaiming Vah Naboris. 

       Only when the Gerudo people were free from the threat did he reveal his identity.   His appearance had been quite the shock.   The Gerudo, including his mother, Isha, were uneasy in his presence.  To have a former Yiga step up to lead them now seemed incredulous, but he was required by law to ascend to the throne.  

       Despite this, he did not immediately take over as they'd all expected.  He took his time, aiding each citizen however he could and learning about the Gerudo culture.  Eventually, he earned the right to the Thunderhelm on his own.   The Gerudo people had come to accept him.   He leaned down so that he was eye level with me.   Kahli had grown rather tall since we'd met, though I could still reach his lips... As long as he were to tilt his head down whilst I stood on the tips of my toes. 

        "What're you thinking about?"  he mused.   I sighed.  "Don't you have someplace to be?"  

       "There's a place I would like to be." 

       "And where's that?" 

       Kahli leaned forward to whisper his answer into my ear.   Blood rushed to my face and across the tips of my ears.  He smirked and pressed his lips to my neck softly, causing me to push his head away with a scoff. "C'mon, we don't have time for that. You told me we were going to celebrate the defeat of Calamity Ganon." He nodded. I wasn't sure why he'd waited so long to celebrate this accomplishment, but I was excited nonetheless.   I stared down at the town from my place atop the walls.  The streets of Gerudo city were already decorated with gold, jewels, and colorful lights shimmering against the night sky.  'I do wish Riju and Link had stayed to see this," I thought solemnly.  

       When Kahli had first arrived in Gerudo city, I wasn't sure how Riju would react.  I definitely wasn't expecting her to appear so relieved.  She'd finally been given a chance to leave and explore the world, allowing her to live a less pressured life throughout her teen years.   When Link invited her to travel across Hyrule with him, she agreed, knowing that Kahli was required to take her place.