The Zora Prince ➺7

➺✿➺
(Y/n): Your name
(H/c): Hair color
(E/c): Eye color
(H/n): Horse name
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺
Art by YuriCantrell on Deviantart and Tumblr
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺

Link and I had traveled for about a day, side by side. We'd been on horseback for hours, until we reached a marshy area. We were unable to take our mounts any further, as it soon became too difficult for them to walk. We left them at a nearby stable and trudged onward. Though I missed my (h/n), the area we ventured through was quite beautiful. The water was crystalline and clear, and I felt refreshed as we stepped through the shallow pools. I smiled as the sun reflected off of the calm water and golden lotus pods.

One look at Link assured me that he was enjoying himself as well. His ecstatic expression never left his face as he moved. He raised a hand, and allowed a reddish dragonfly to dance across his fingers. Link was practically beaming as he turned towards me, introducing his new pet. I chuckled and shook my head.

Link seemed unfazed, and enjoyed holding the small creature before it flew off. We spent another minute or so in silence, until I felt something move across my foot. I cried out and stared down, so see a frog settled nearby. Link took notice of the slimy creature and crouched down, hoping to catch the tiny beast. I stifled a laugh as Link stared at the frog, serious as can be. With that, he leapt forward, missing entirely. His entire frontside became soaked as the amphibian jumped onto and off of his blonde head. I burst out laughing and stepped forward, seizing the frog. Link stared up at me bashfully as I tucked the frog away into a satchel.

I continued to laugh as I extended a hand. Link sent me a mischievous glare and grabbed my hand. My smile was replaced with shock as he tugged me down into the water with him. I fell with a splash beside him. I raised my head from the water and brushed the soaking (h/c) hair from my eyes. My mouth hung open as I feigned anger. "Ohoho you're so dead!" I announced as I pounced on him, cutting off his laughter as he was pressed down.

Once pinned, he stared upwards in fake annoyance, his eyes glittering with malice. I figured he'd resigned, so I loosened my grip a bit. He took advantage of this and flipped us over, splashing me with water again. My hair hung low in my face, weighed down by the pond water. We began to laugh uncontrollably as he tried to move the (h/c) locks from my sight.

I sat up as soon as I could see and smiled, wiping the water from my eyelashes. I couldn't fully tell if the liquid was from the pond, or from the tears that had sprung up as I laughed hysterically. "Not as strong as you act, huh kid?" Link smirked, taunting me. I rolled my eyes and pressed my foot to the back of his head. "Wha-" I pushed his head back into the water before rushing off, picking up frogs as I evaded the angry blonde boy chasing me.

Soon enough, Link and I stood side by side once more, dripping with pond water and smiling. I swiftly removed my hood, as it was beginning to weigh me down. As I did so, I heard a voice beside me that did not belong to the young hero. One of my hands instinctively reached for my spear, whilst the other pushed Link behind me. The speaker squeaked, a bit startled by our reactions.

I looked down to see a young Zora woman swimming nearby. "H-hello!" She cried. I lowered my arms and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry... Hello." The lady took a breath and relaxed. Link waved, smiling. The Zora seemed to remember why she'd called out to us once she saw Link. "Oh! You're Hylians aren't you?" She asked excitedly. Link nodded. She sighed in relief.  "Allow me to explain.  I was instructed by Prince Sidon to find a Hylian and send them to Zora's domain!"  She announced in a light, airy voice.  "Technically, I'm supposed to be working right now... I-if you go to see the Prince, please don't tell him I was lazing around!"  Link and I agreed and she sighed in relief once more.  "Oh, good!  Though I suppose I was rather lucky to have stopped here to swim.  This allowed me to find not one, but two Hylians!"  The Zora girl seemed rather pleased with herself for a moment, before begging us to see her Prince again.  "Please, will you go to Prince Sidon?  I'm afraid we're in need of your help... He will explain when you arrive."  Link raised his hands in surrender.  "Alright, alright.  Where can we find this Prince?"