Strange Encounters ➺2

➺✿➺
(Y/n): Your Name
(H/c): Hair Color
(E/c): Eye Color
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺
Cover by Ruebird on Tumblr
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺

    My (e/c) eyes fluttered open slowly, catching sight of the grass I'd fallen asleep in.  I rose up to a sitting position and turned my head around, searching our campsite.  Despite the full night of rest the boy had gotten, he remained sleeping soundly at my side.  Often during the night, I'd awoken to look around and ensure that there wasn't anything trying to kill us, and not once had he stirred.  I leaned forward and situated myself so I was laying on my stomach, propping up my chin with my arms.  His breathing remained steady as he slept.  I reached forward and moved a stray strand of blonde hair from his eyes, before shaking his shoulder gently.  The sun had risen and it was about time to pack up and leave. He snored and rolled over.  I sighed, shaking a bit more violently.  Finally, he gasped and opened his eyes, not sure why he was being shaken.  I released his shoulder and smiled as he looked over to me.  "Oh? Morning (y/n)," he greeted. 

     I nodded as I rose to my feet, extending a hand to offer him help.  He took it and I raised him to his feet once more.  "Sleep well, Blondie?"  He nodded.  "Good.  We're going to need to do a bit of hunting if we want to eat this morning."  Link stretched and yawned tiredly as I began gathering up my stuff.  I returned all my essentials to their place and took a drink of water before offering the bottle to Link.  He took it and drank. "So, where are we going anyway?"  I stood up and took my bottle back.  "Just down the mountainside until we come across any sort of animal."  He nodded and I grabbed my spear as we began our decent down the mountainside. 

      We'd traveled decently far when we stumbled across another person, who I presumed to be Hylian.  He was traveling down towards a camp consisting of a small fire and a log.  He wore a dark hood and clutched a walking stick in his hand.  He turned his head slightly at the sound of us approaching, and we saw that he had a long, frosty white beard that covered a large portion of his front.  I placed a hand on Link's chest, unsure whether or not we should proceed.  The old man chuckled and turned back to his campsite.  "There's no need to be scared, my dear."  I grimaced.  His slightly creepy attempt at comfort was rather unconvincing.  Link gently pushed my arm down and moved closer to him.  "What?"  I hissed.  Link shrugged.  "I don't think there's anything to worry about.  Besides, there's only one of him, and two of us."  I rolled my eyes.  "You tried to hunt me with a twig yesterday.  Not sure I trust your fighting prowess." 

     My words were ignored as Link continued down the mountainside with less caution than I would've preferred.  He approached the old man and greeted him.  "Hello. It's rather odd to meet strangers around here." I walked up beside Link, pushing him a little ways behind me. "So... Who're you?" I asked him accusingly. His gaze shifted to meet my (e/c) eyes and he shook his head. "I'll spare you my life's story. I'm just a old man who's lived here on his own for quite a long time now." Link edged out from behind me to question the old man. "Where are we?" He asked curiously, as though he couldn't of just asked me that question. The old man shrugged. "I believe we were fated to meet today, so I will tell you. We are all currently on the Great Plateau." He rose to his feet and pointed to the rotting temple that lay not far from his campsite. "There is a temple who was once home to many sacred ceremonies. Unfortunately, it has been forgotten for a century, and it has wasted away." Link and I exchanged a curious glance, unsure of why the man had pointed out the decay of the building, and no other sights around the plateau. The old man shrugged and sat back down, the lantern on his walking stick clinking as he did so. "I'll be here for a while. Let me know if I can be of service." I nodded slowly and grabbed Link's hand, leading him away from the old man. "Thank you, we'll be going now..."