Gerudo Valley ➺14

➺✿➺
(Y/n): Your name
(H/c): Hair color
(E/c): Eye color
(H/n): Horse name
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺

     I awoke on a bed of soft down under layers of quilted fabric.  Gentle sunlight drifted through the open windows and warmed my face.   A dull ache coursed through my body as I turned over. I groaned and glanced over to find the hero missing. I stood up with a frown, wondering what may be bothering him.   I heard a pleasant song from just outside my room as I stepped closer to the windowsill. I smiled as I leaned out over the edge, propping my head up on my hand.

Link was seated at the edge of the landing next to a young purple Rito.  She was singing joyously as he watched with a smile.   I grinned and turned on my heel, exiting the inn and joining the blonde.  He caught my eye and immediately brightened, waving goodbye to the young girl and standing up to greet me.   I had only planned on waving as I was pulled into a warm embrace.  

     He rested his chin atop my shoulder for a moment then jumped back, rubbing the back of his neck uncomfortably.  "Ah, sorry... You're probably pretty sore from yesterday."   I scoffed, brushing away what had just transpired.  "You aren't?"   I asked as we approached the general store, hoping to resupply before we set out for the next Divine Beast.   He shook his head.  "I was completely healed towards the end of that fight," he reminded me, "I feel great right now." 

     I rolled my eyes as I looked through the merchant's wares.   "Wonderful.  Can't wait to travel to the next Divine Beast like this."  He shrugged and purchased a few versatile ingredients, knowing that we could probably find use for them.   The Rito at the counter thanked us as we left.  "Speaking of Divine Beasts... Where do we head next?"   I took an apple from my bag and sighed.  "I'm not sure.   We've conquered two of the four...  I believe we have the Gorons and Gerudo remaining," I said.  "Any idea where they might be?" 

      "The Gerudo live in the desert in the South," I announced, surprising myself with my own knowledge. He nodded. "That's a start. Should we try and find the Gorons first, or Gerudo?" I took a bite of the fruit in my hand and pondered our options. Finding the Gorons didn't appeal to me in the slightest. The Gerudo, on the other hand, may spark my memories. I knew it was selfish of me to choose based on my own gain, but I couldn't help but wonder what had happened to me.  "Gerudo," I decided with a nod.   "Alright then." 

      Link turned as though he were about to walk straight to the Gerudo.  We'd already informed the chief of our success and bid farewell to Teba and Harth, so he saw no reason to stay here.  I grabbed him by the collar.  "Not so fast!   I've got a strange feeling about this..."  I couldn't quite describe the worry I was experiencing. Something was telling me Link wouldn't be welcome there. "What do you mean?"

"Nothing. Maybe we should ask around for directions first."  He tilted his head.  "From who?"  I hadn't thought that far.  "Well I mean, the Rito can fly, can't they?  I bet someone has been there before."  I felt a light tug on my cloak and glanced down.   The small, purple Rito from before was standing at my feet, staring upwards curiously.   "Hi Miss!"   She began curiously.  "I heard you saved us from Medoh...  Did you really do that all by yourself?"   I leaned down so I could be at eye level with her, introducing myself and asking her a question. 

      "Who said I was alone?   I had him to help me."  I said, gesturing to Link with a smile.  "He told me you fought the monsters and kept him safe!"  I glanced at Link, interested.   His face was practically burning as he waved his hands, hoping she would stop.  "He said you were really brave and pretty!"  I smiled brightly and laughed.  "Did he now?"   The girl nodded.  "Mhm!  My name is Kheel, by the way.   I heard you guys saying you need directions?"