Recovery ➺9

➺✿➺
(Y/n): Your name
(H/c): Hair color
(E/c): Eye color
(N/n): Nickname
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺

The world around me seemed fuzzier than I remembered, and far more blue. I wondered for a moment where I could be, until my memories came flooding back. I raised my fingers to my side to find my wound securely wrapped in bandages and grimaced. The laceration felt as though it were burning and numb all at once.  I suddenly became aware of the soft water bed below me, and the arms around my waist.

I shifted upward, biting my lip as the movement irritated my side. The young blonde hero was fast asleep, his cheek pressed against my stomach. He was bleeding from his forehead. He appeared rather disheveled. His blonde hair was matted together with sweat and blood, though I was doubtful as to whose blood it was. His shirt had been discarded, revealing a chest which had been marred by small bruises and injuries.  I looked around the room and seized the white cloth that lay atop my bedside table. Link's blue eyes fluttered open as I pressed the cloth to his forehead. 

     He sighed and sat up, placing a hand on my wrist gently.  "I'm alright."   I lowered my hand with frown as he continued.  "Really, I'm fine thanks to you... How're you feeling?"   He added hesitantly. "As good as I can be, considering the situation." I spoke solemnly. He nodded as his eyes glazed over my wounds. "I'm sorry."

I looked away, hoping his eyes wouldn't meet my own. He placed a hand on my chin and gently turned my face to his. "I'm sorry! I know you told me not to and..."  I cut him off.  "And you did it anyway.  Whatever, Link, it's fine.   It's my job to protect you whenever you do something stupid."  I announced, my eyes narrowed.  He seemed a bit hurt.  I hadn't meant to sound so upset.   I was more afraid than I was angry.  What if Link kept up this behavior?   How many hits could I take before I fell, leaving Link to fend for himself?

      "Look, (y/n), I know you're upset but I-I have to keep moving.  These people are in danger, and I can't just wait around for you to heal..."  My eyes widened.  "Link what are you-"

     "I'm going to defeat Vah Ruta.  Alone."  He stared at me, watching for my reaction.  His blue eyes shone with determination, but he was clearly hurting.   "You can't!   You couldn't take on Lynel alone, what makes you think you can fight whatever's possessing the Divine Beast?!"  I shouted, leaning forward quickly as I spoke.   I lowered myself back down with a hiss of pain.  The rapid movements I'd been making clearly weren't helping my condition.

     "The Zoras have done everything they can for now..."  I looked down to my side in alarm.  "What do you mean?  What did they do?  How long have I been out?  How did I even get here?"  He sighed and took my hand in both of his.  "They've patched you up I guess.  I hope you don't mind they used all of your health potions..."  He added with a humorless laugh.  Link cleared his throat and continued.  "It's going to be a while until you're back to normal."  I searched his expression, wondering how this could be true.  Guilt was reflected in his blue gaze. 

     "I know you're doubting me.  I know you think that I can't do this... But I have to.  These people can't hold out forever.  I have to keep moving."  I pulled my hand from his and placed it against my chest.  Though it pained me immensely, he was right.  He couldn't wait around for me to heal up before taking on Vah Ruta.  I had to trust that he would be okay.   "I-"  I was at a loss for words for the first time in our relationship.  "I know.   But please, be careful.  I can't be there to protect you, and we have a world to save."  He nodded, a sad smile spreading across his face.   "Promise me you'll survive!"  I exclaimed.  "I promise."