Miss Purah ➺6

➺✿➺
(Y/n): Your name
(H/c): Hair color
(E/c): Eye color
(N/n): Nickname
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺
Art by mmimmzel on Twitter
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺

I awoke quickly the next morning. Link still lay nearby, snoring softly. He had slept in a position that couldn't possibly have been comfortable, but he wasn't exactly in his right mind last night. I stood up and stretched, ready to continue on with our quest. I strode over to the window and stared out, seeing that the sun was already high in the sky and illuminating the earth below.

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud thump. I jumped and turned around to see Link lying on the floor in a tangle of sheets, still seemingly asleep. I scoffed and walked by, nudging him with my foot. He opened his eyes grudgingly and immediately closed them again, mumbling about a headache. I squat down beside him and attempted to wake him once more.

"Link." I poked him. "We have to get moving." He groaned. "Can't we wait a few minutes?" I shook my head. "C'mon, you've been asleep for 100 years, I think you've had quite enough rest." I offered him my hand and he took it, clumsily rising to his feet. He clutched his head immediately. "Damn... what happened?" I rolled my eyes. "You drank way too much and practically passed out." I spoke nonchalantly.

His brow furrowed as he tried to remember the night before. His face was painted a shade of red as soon as he did. Link looked at me apologetically. "Oh- I am so sorry I didn't know what I was-" I waved a hand to cut him off. "It's behind us now. I mean, not that I minded it that much. I enjoyed myself." I sent him a sweet smile. He sighed, relieved. I could feel his eyes on me even after I had turned away.

We bid farewell to Prima as we left. "Come back anytime dears! It was a pleasure." We made our way past the model homes again. A man dressed in pink was standing at the door, bewildered. His hands were resting on his bald head as he stared through the doorway. "How on earth did all this mud get tracked into here!!" My eyes widened as I placed a hand on Link's chest and slowly pushed him away from the scene.

Link and I found ourselves at the bottom of a hill quickly enough. Beautiful trees lined each step of the way. Leaves dropped lazily down as we walked. We looked around and spotted two boys hidden awkwardly behind trees and bushes. I waved. "Um... what're you up to?" The boy shushed me and pressed his binoculars to his eyes. Link cleared his throat, and the child finally noticed our existence. "H-hey! What're you doing here?" Link raised an eyebrow. "We could ask you the same thing."

"Oh fine! There's a girl living in the lab up this hill! B-but don't get any ideas. I called dibs!" I scoffed. The boy slightly farther up the hill took notice of us. "You idiot! He obviously has a girlfriend already!" The kid pointed to me. My eyes widened and I seized Link's hand. "Alright we'd better be going!" I announced as I dragged him away. In a few steps, I turned on my heel. "Oh, and you kids shouldn't be stalking this girl. She won't be interested if you act so creepy." I reminded them as we left.

We finished our hike to the lab and looked up. It was quite the strange building... I was a bit nervous, as the innkeeper had warned us about the lead researcher, but this was necessary.  Link stepped forward and opened the door.  I slapped his shoulder.  "Link what the hell?  You can't just walk into someone's house without knocking?"  He gave me an incredulous look, as though he's done this many times and has never once been told it was wrong. "Seriously, where were you raised?"  I pushed him away and knocked twice.  The door swung open.