By Fireside and Night Sky ➺26

➺✿➺
(Y/n): Your name
(H/c): Hair color
(E/c): Eye color 
(F/c): Favorite Color
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺
Art by CaptainCrescentRoll on Reddit
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺

Gravel sounded from underfoot as I stopped in my tracks, a little ways away from the blonde hero.  He knew I was there.  I could see it in the tensing of his body.  I wouldn't say I was surprised.  These clunky suits made stealthy reconnaissance all but impossible.

Yunobo peaked out from over his shoulder with his typical worried eyes. He offered me a small wave, which I returned halfheartedly. As I put my hand down, I caught Link glancing over his shoulder. "(Y/n)..."

My ears perked up curiously, having no clue how he'd react to my return. His mouth moved as though he was struggling to pick out his words. Eventually, he fell still and silent, simply watching me from behind his visor.

The glowing light of lava reflected in his eyes, making them all the more piercing as they searched my expression.  The emotions I'd invoked upon my return burned away in the golden light, leaving me to only guess if he'd intended to appear vexed.  I wasn't left to ponder long, as his eyelids slowly lowered in apprehension.  He took a breath and attempted to address me once more. 

     "(Y/n).  You came back," Link began, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.  I nodded, taking a few steps around him.  I was careful to not come too close.  Only Hylia knew what he must think of me in this moment. 

     "I always d-"

     "You said... You said that you'd have been better off leaving me behind," he spoke. My teeth found the inside of my lip. I bit down nervously as we conversed. Link had no need to target my words specifically, completely overlooking the boundaries that he himself had overstepped. Only the words of the Rito champion and my dedication to this quest held my feet fast as I countered.

"I believe we both said things that were..."

"Uncalled for?" I avoided staring as he finished my sentence for me. "Yeah."

"Yeah." The blonde blinked and shifted positions yet again. "W-Well if you're willing then maybe we should-"

"We probably should-" The both of us fell quiet as our words awkwardly stumbled over one another. Yunobo soon broke the silence, finally becoming successful in deflating the tension among us after he'd failed so many times before.

"I-I don't want to interrupt, Goro, but we kinda have to take out Vah Rudania while we're here..." he spoke, twiddling his thumbs. Link and I moved away from one another as the hero motioned towards the final cannon. Yunobo jumped inside with a flash of red as his shield encased his body. After a brief command was entered into the Sheikah Slate, a large round bomb appeared in Link's palm. He pushed it down into the weaponry and pressed a button to set off the explosive.

A streak of red passed through the sky like a comet hurdling towards Rudania. It collided with the beast, much to the creature's distaste. It gave a great roar sounded from within the machinery as it attempted to trudge onward and up the mountain. Unfortunately for it, there wasn't any place left to go... except for within the volcano itself.

Creaks and screeches of metal on metal rang out clearly as Rudania clutched the mountainside. The rocky landscape gave way in its claw and crumbled, leaving the fire lizard to tumble down into the lava filled depths below. Link and I took a step back, anticipating that nothing good could come from the final collision.