Sword in the Stone ➺20

➺✿➺
(Y/n): Your name
(H/c): Hair color
(E/c): Eye color
(F/c): Favorite Color
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺
Art by KRMayer on Deviantart
➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺➺

     Once Link and I had pulled apart, we made our way out of the pool.  I placed my palms against the slightly slick edge of the pool and pushed upwards, lifting myself from the water.   Link did the same, seating himself on the edge of the pool.  I took a step back, knowing the Great Fairy would emerge in a moment.  Link simply attempted to  wring the water from his clothes, oblivious. Tera sprung up from the depths of her pool, so sudden that Link fell backwards with a yelp. "Aha!" she cried out happily as she shook the glitter from her hair and leaned down.

She gave us the most knowing look I'd ever been given, as though she was rearing to spread gossip, and raised an eyebrow. "So, you two were busy." I avoided her piercing gaze. "You're so lucky I have a soft spot for romance. It's been a while since I've seen something so touching!" Tera clasped her hands together and raised them to her cheek in bliss. "Ah, young love!"

I looked over to Link, who was still laying on the ground in shock. He blinked, rubbed the back of his head, and shakily stood up.  Tera shifted her gaze to Link, who was now covered in sand and a bit of dead leaves.   "Oh, how cute.  You have your work cut out for you, dear," she said, smiling at me.  "Now then, I suppose you want your items back.  I've managed to repair everything, not that there was any doubt."   She extended her hand, revealing the freshly mended Gerudo garments.

I took them from her graciously. "Thank you, Great Fairy." She beamed. "Not a problem. I've taken the liberty to make them a bit more resistant as well. Now, about that spear..." I expected the worst for a moment, until she held out her hand yet again.  "Here, darling."   My spear was lying in her palm, as good as new.  "Now, I've never been tasked with repairing a weapon before, but there's nothing my magic can't do!" she announced proudly as I lifted the spear from her palm.  She pressed her hand to her chest and smiled,  beaming at her handiwork. 

     I spun my weapon around for a moment and extended the sails.  A puff of glitter exploded from the fabric.  I coughed and waved it away.  Tera continued to stare, prideful as ever. Link blew some of the sparkles from his lips.  "Wow..."  The Great Fairy chuckled.  "Charming, I know.  But, I suspect you two have a long journey ahead of you.  You must get going."  I nodded and picked up my stuff.  Link did the same as Tera watched, sadness glinting in her hazel eyes.  "You'll try to find my other two sisters, won't you?" she said finally, her gorgeous eyelashes lowering as she cast her gaze downwards.  I nodded as soon as she'd spoken.  "Of course!  How could we not?"   She perked up, if only a bit.  "Oh, that's lovely!  Thank you, darlings."  I smiled as Link waved shyly, his cheeks dusted with a warm pink.   "Oh, I do hope someone comes to visit me soon.  It does get awfully lonely here.  If it wasn't for my fairies, I don't believe I'd survive!"  I waited beside Link as she spoke, unsure of how to respond to her.   Link shifted about uncomfortably, as though she'd said something quite strange.

     "Ah, well.  I suppose that's the way it has to be.  I wish you two heroes the best of luck."  Tera winked knowingly.  "Give that nasty Ganon what he deserves."

"We will," I said with a smile. Link placed a hand on my shoulder, clearly wanting to leave. "Alright, alright. Let's get going."  Link was more than happy to oblige.  He started jogging immediately from the fountain and stopped next to the nearby shrine.  I followed him at a normal pace.  He was acting rather suspicious.  He pulled me to him as soon as I was in range and pulled out his Sheikah Slate, typing away as he picked a location.   "Hey where are we-"