Watching

He then hit you in the head, hard, causing you to black out, but not before you hit your head on the ground with a loud "thud."

~Armin's POV~

"I still can't believe that she meant it." I said in a sigh.

"Oi, what the hell are you doing out here at this time?"

My eyes widened hearing the captain's voice. I looked at the scene behind me. Reiner and Jean stepped back with a look of shock in their eyes and [y/n] was lying still on the ground. Eren was bent over by her making sure nothing was hurt too bad.

"I-it's not what it looks like sir."

"Well then why not tell me what it is then, Arlert."

As if she knew her cue, Mikasa walked out of the girls bunks with something clutched to her chest.

"Hello? Are you all deaf or just ignoring me? I want an answer from someone, now. Arlert, Jäger, Braun, Kirstein, [l/n], I will not ask again." His voice sounded like he wasn't messing around, but held hints of confusion.

I looked behind him as I saw Hanji bounding out of the castle into the open field-like area that served as a training ground.

"Hey, Shorty! I didn't know you were giving them private traini-" she cut herself off as she noticed where we were. "WHAT WERE YOU GOING TO DO TO THEM?" she yelled as she pointed at Sawney and Bean.

I looked at Mikasa as she handed Levi the note.

"This should explain, Sir."

He took it with a confused look to him. After reading it he handed it to Hanji. She looked down at him after reading it.

They exchanged looks as if having a silent conversation before Hanji finally said, "Reiner, would you be able to take her to Eren's old dungeon room?" while stuffing the note into her pants pocket.

He nodded, picking her up bridal style.

"Jäger, Arlert, and Ackerman," Levi said in an unusually soft tone, "You are to stay with her until she becomes conscious and to get either Hanji or me. This is to remain between us unless I say otherwise. Do I make myself clear?" he turned around to where we were standing and looked us in the eyes.

"Yes, Sir." we said in unison with a salute.

Hanji motioned for Jean to follow her back inside leaving me with Eren, Mikasa, Levi, and Reiner with [y/n] in his arms.

"Alright, now that that shit show is over," Levi started, "Let's get her down there before she can do anything else that will get her life put in danger before she wakes back up."

We quietly walked into the large castle that served as the Survey Corps HQ and started towards the basement where they had modified it into a living space, if you could call it that, for Eren when he first joined the Corps. It was referred to as the basement because nobody would want to go down there because of it being dark, cold, and dirty. After lots of testing from Hanji, she was able to confirm that he was able to stay in the bunks with the rest of us. Now it was used as a storage area or a place cadets would go to run and hide from Levi if they were brave enough to face the consequences if they were caught missing chores.

"Braun?" Levi said in his normally cold but calm voice.

"Yes sir?"

"If by any chance she starts to wake up, don't fight her, just keep her contained."

Reiner nodded his head as he looked down at her. I couldn't even begin to imagine how guilty he felt, but I wanted to be able to tell him that it's all of our fault that she was in this mess. I noticed some blood starting to flow down her face from hitting it on the ground.

We finally reached the door to go downstairs. I hadn't noticed that Levi had grabbed a lantern as we entered the cold dungeon. At the bottom of the stairs there was a short hallway that led to a prison cell looking thing.  To the left of and behind the stairs there were several storage closets.

We followed Levi into the cell as he unlocked it. Inside of it was a bed along with two chairs folded up against the wall. Looking up I saw rolls of chain that was connected to the ceiling.

Reiner carefully placed [y/n] down on the bed as Levi went to reach for one of the chains. He went down to put the cuffs around her wrists but paused when Eren said, "Is that really necessary, Sir?"

"I think I speak for everyone when I say that we don't want her hurting herself more than she already does. Have you seen the cuts on her arms?"

"Well yes but she said that they were from training or her being clumsy, but she always had bandages on them so I could never get a good look at them." I responded nervously.

I walked over to her to see for myself, but sure enough, she had bandages on them.

"Maybe we should take off her boots and jacket so she could at least be comfortable." Mikasa piped up.

Levi gave her an annoyed look as he had to unlock the chains around her wrists. Mikasa slipped off [y/n]'s uniform coat and set it on one of the chairs she had pulled out, then proceeded to take off her boots.

"Can I lock them now, brats?" Levi said, patience running out.

"Yes Sir." we said in unision.

"Wait, where's her necklace?" I asked worriedly.

"You and her always go on about that meaningless piece of metal. What's so important about it?" Levi scoffed.

"N-nothing at all Sir!" I almost yelped. "I was just wondering since I've never seen her without it, that's all! Nope! Nothing more! Hehehe...."

"Tch. Stay here. I'm going to get her some blankets, my first-aid kit, and think of an excuse as to why you will be missing out on training today to be down here with her, if need be."

"Wait, how is that fair at all? You should be the one to watch her. She wouldn't be like this had you been able to keep that Maya woman under your watch or at least convinced Erwin to-"

"THAT'S NOTHING FOR YOU TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT!" Levi cut Eren off. "You have no reason to know about any of that at all. Don't ever mention that name like that again." his voice was like ice as he was shooting daggers at each of us. Eren just glared back.

"Braun, you're coming with me." Levi said as he started up the stairs. "This is Ackerman, Arlert, and Jäger's problem."

Reiner mouthed a "sorry" at us as he followed the "short" tempered man up the stairs into the castle.