Perfect

~no POV~

    Armin sat anxiously in Levi's office while Levi filled out reports for the week. Every once in awhile Levi would glance up to see Armin staring at the door, as if looking at it will summon Hanji to give them news on [y/n]'s condition.

    As if it were some sort of magic, a knock broke the silence of the room.

    "Name and business." Levi called out.

    "It's me."

    "Door's open."

    Hanji walked into the room and straight over to Levi. She was holding an envelope in her hand. Hanji placed the envelope on Levi's desk, whispered something to Levi, then turned to Armin.

    "You wanna go see her?"

    "YEs! Please." Armin noticed his voice grow loud and got embarassed.

    Hanji ignored his mistake as she led him out of Levi's office. By this time it was nearly dinner time.

    "I didn't realize how long paperwork for things like this took." Armin said trying to break the awkward silence.

    "It normally doesn't take this long, but there were other... complications... with this time."

    "What complications?" Armin asked concerned.

    "Uhh, oh look at that we're here."

    Armin gave an unamused look at his superior as she opened the door to the infirmary wing.

    They were greeted with several doctors and nurses in uniform either doing paperwork, talking with each other, or not doing anything in particular.

    Hanji led Armin to the check in desk. The woman sitting there greeted them with a tired voice.

    "Can I help you two?"

    "We're here to see Cadet [y/n] [l/n]. I'm under permission from Commander Erwin." Hanji handed a small slip of paper to the woman.

    "I'll get someone to take you to see her. You can wait right here. It should be only a minute." the woman disappeared from the desk and walked away.

    "So, how is she?"

    "When I left, they just told me that she was stabilized and doing okay. I never actually got to see her."

    Armin looked down at the floor, but looked back up when he heard a nurse. "Squad Leader Zoё, you wanted to see a cadet?"

    "Yes, that's correct. He's with me as well."

    "Alright follow me."

    It wasn't hard to see that Hanji was really beating herself up about this whole incident. Technically it was her responsibility to make sure that nobody got hurt during the activity, but there seemed to be something deeper that was messing with her head.

    "This is her room." the nurse stopped in front of a dark oak door. "She's most likely gonna be asleep for the rest of the night, but if she happens to wake up that's nothing to worry about or anything like that. Call someone in if you need anything." and with that she opened the door for the cadet and squad leader then left.

    [y/n] was lying down on the cot that was used as a hospital bed. The Survey Corps didn't exactly have the best funding when it came to on base hospitality, but so much used most of the money on expedition medical help and such. Like she normally did when she slept, she was huddled on the left side of the bed, being closer to the door. Her leg was wrapped with what looked to be a roll or two of medical tape and gauze.

    Armin and Hanji walked into the room, observing every small detail about the room and the condition [y/n] was in. Armin took a seat on the couch against the wall, while Hanji picked up the medical report left by the nurse for the doctor to look at.

    "From what this report says, it's possible muscle damage along with a hairline break on her ankle. She won't be able to go on the expedition if that's the case."

    "But she was really wanting to go."

    "I know, but with this all being the way it is, I don't see that happening."

    Armin opened his mouth to defend [y/n]'s case, but then the bells rang, signalling the end of training, and that dinner was ready.

    "Shit," Hanji mumbled under her breath, "Armin, I have to go talk to Erwin about the expedition now that we know [y/n]'s condition. Are you okay with staying here for a little bit? You don't have to but I'm just wondering."

    "I'd be fine staying here. I'm not that hungry anyways."

    "If you insist. I'll be back after dinner." and with that Hanji left the room.

    -smol time skip-

    "Are you sure this is the right room?"

    "That's what Hanji said."

    "I don't wanna go in first."

    "I vote Horse Face to go in first."

    "Yeah right! Why don't we have Titan Boy go in?"

    "Guys please stop arguing! I'll go in."

    "Krista wait for me!"

    Krista slowly opened the door to the room. It let out a small squeak as it was pushed open. "[y/n]? Armin? Are you guys in here?"

    She walked into the small room and let out a small squeak when she saw [y/n] and Armin.

    -backwards time skip watttttt?????-

    Armin had been starting to fall asleep after watching over [y/n] since Hanji left. It had been an hour or two since then.

    "I want to be there to protect her from anything that can hurt her. This shouldn't have happened. I could've- no. Stop thinking about what you could've done, and focus on what you can do." Armin looked at [y/n], and decided to take a risk that could end up pretty awkward if it messed up.

    He walked over to the cot, and slid into the bed beside [y/n]. Trying to get comfortable, he laid down so that he was right next to her. Armin brought his left arm around [y/n]'s head and pulled her so that her head was resting on his chest. [y/n] seemed to do it on her own rather than having to be moved in place, and that thought alone made Armin's heart flutter as he pulled the blanked over the two of them and fell asleep.

    -regular time now-

    "Oh, maybe we should come back at a better time. It's getting late anyways." Eren said backing out of the room.

    "They really are perfect for each other." Krista sighed.

    "It'll be a shame when one of them gets killed on the next expedition though, won't it."

    "Ymir!" Krista hissed, "Don't you say things like that!"

    Ymir just laughed as she followed the rest of the group out of the room. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

    Krista looked back one more time before closing the door to the room. "You'll both be okay."