Feeling Better

He let go of you, nodded, and gave you a faint, yet sincere smile, then turned to walk over to the Superiors' table, Hanji following him like a puppy.

You took the seat on Armin's left. You got nervous as he didn't look at anything but the table, which was no question out of his character.

"So are you guys gonna tell us what went down this morning?" Sasha asked from the other end of the table.

"We really aren't supposed to say until it gets all sorted out." Mikasa explained.

"Can you at least tell us where you were all day then?"

This time it was Eren's turn to speak up. "We were each assigned to either Levi or Hanji's offices for cleaning as punishment for being out past curfew."

"Funny. Then why was nobody in there when I was assigned to clean there earlier?" Connie said sassily.

"Armin, are you feeling alright?" you asked as you waved your hand in front of his face.

"Perfect as always." he mumbled.

"HA! Bull shit!" you scoffed while enjoying everybody's shocked faces at what you just said. Even Armin looked up.

You took this chance to hug him as everyone else did since you never got to. It was your own weird way of saying "thank you for not letting me die".

"HUGS! I didn't even get to say thank you for all of what you did! So here it is!" you said playfully. The fact that he didn't pull away from your sudden antics is what made you happy.

"[ship name] is coming true!" Sasha screamed in excitement.

You and Armin gave her matching expressions of confusion.

"Holy fuck, nope, I can't do this. My face is burning up right now. Not here, at least. Of all the places to do this [y/n], only you would choose to do this to me of all people here." all of those thoughts were running through Armin's mind.

He scrambled to grab a piece of bread from the middle of the table and stand up without falling over himself. He ran out of the dining hall and into the courtyard.

"A-armin!" you exclaimed.

"No, [y/n], sit down." Mikasa said, "Eren, go talk to him."

"Already on it." he said as he got up to follow the blonde coconut.

"I fucked up didn't I?" you said just out loud.

"[y/n], first of all, stop swearing. You're too innocent." Mikasa said sliding into the space left from the two boys. "Second, no you didn't. He really likes you. Trust me."

"Yeah, right."

"Eren got him to tell him." your eyes widened at her words.

Just as you were about to say something, you forgot what you wanted to bring up. So you just said "For some reason I feel like they're gonna end up killing each other if they haven't come back yet." referring to Eren and Armin.

"If only it were that easy for them to get along sometimes." she said jokingly.

Right on cue, they walked in. Eren with a smug look on his face, while Armin had a dead look to him. Some of the cadets started to leave the dining hall by the time your table got food. For some reason Eren and Armin sat on either side of you. They were constantly giving each other looks and mouthing words back and forth.

"Attention cadets," Erwin's voice boomed throughout the dining hall, "Squad Leaders Hanji and Mike, along with Captain Levi will be holding optional ODM Gear courses tomorrow. If you wish to participate in this, please meet at the edge of the forest with your gear after breakfast. That is all."

Armin and Eren stared at each other. Eren smirking, and Armin with a death stare. Even though it was only around seven, you wanted to get to bed. Before you could get up Eren called your name.

"Hey, [y/n]?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you gonna do the ODM course tomorrow?"

"I dunno. If someone can remind Hanji to let us play tag in the trees again then I definitely will."

The last time Hanji held an ODM course, she created a tag-type game in the trees with the gear. The adrenaline from the flying alone felt great, but add a game to it, it was the perfect recipe for a horrible idea. That's what was so amazing about it. You walked away with a sprained wrist from flying into a tree thanks to being distracted by Connie and Sasha and their weird antics. You knew they meant no harm and found it hilarious.

"Sounds good. And [y/n]?"

"Yes, Eren?"

"Are you going to Hanji's 'squad bonding' tonight?"

"I thought there was a party for squad leaders tonight."

"She doesn't want to go."

"Alright, where is it? I can meet you there."

"No, you can't go by yourself! It's not as fun!" he said with a little too much excitement.

"Yeah you have to pick someone to go with." Reiner said catching on.

"So far it's Connie and Sasha, Reiner and Bertholdt, Ymir and Krista, and Jean and Mikasa. You have to pick me or Armin." Eren said smugly.

"Or you don't let Mikasa suffer with Jean, give Eren to Mikasa and Jean to Armin. I think I'll be able to manage being alone for a while. I'll see you guys later then." you waved while walking away from the table.

On your way out you said something to Hanji. She gave a confused look, but agreed to whatever you said.

"Nice job Eren. Way to make everything obvious." Armin said harshly after you left the dining hall.

"What did I do, Armin? Eren asked innocently. Armin just rolled his eyes.

"So what's this whole 'Hanji squad bonding time' [y/n] just told me about, huh?" Hanji asked from behind the two boys.

"Well, um, it was more of a thing to see who she would choose out of all of us for a thing." Eren only partially lied.

"Is that why she asked me why you were making her choose someone to go with her?" Eren and Armin looked down ashamed.

"I'll do it for a favor from each of you." they all complied without question as to have something to do for the night. They promised that if Hanji set up 'squad bonding' they would all have to show up for the ODM course and play tag as it was her second favorite thing to do. Experimenting on titans being the first.