Things Happen

It took them a minute to register the severity of the situation, but after a second, they went full throttle in different directions looking for the squad leaders.

You could feel Armin's heart speed up as he tried to distract you from the pain. The way you two were hung up was like you were hugging in midair. He tried to keep you conscious and your mind away from the pain by rubbing your back and head. It helped with the pain, kind of.

"Shhh, it's gonna be okay. You're gonna be okay, you hear? There's nothing to worry about. You're gonna be fine." all of his sweet words held a panicked tone to them, but it didn't matter. You loved hearing him talk, and this was helping.

You didn't know how long the two of you were like that, but eventually it started to get dark and cloudy. And with that comes storms. The wind started to pick up as a few drops of rain started to fall.

"Are you serious? Of course this would happen." Armin muttered under his breath.

"Armin, it's too cold." you mumbled into his chest.

"I know, I know." he said as he brought you as close as he could to keep the two of you warm. "We need to do something about your foot, by the looks of it, we're not gonna be out of here for a while."

"I know. It's starting to lose feeling to it though." you said drowsily.

"Oh god. Can you reach any of the triggers to get us out?" he said as if he had an idea.

"Umm, I think so. Should I try releasing it?"

"Only if you're certain that it's not the one connected to your foot."

"It's getting kind of warm, don't you think." you started rambling nonsense.

"What do you mean? Are you feeling alright [y/n]?" Armin asked starting to get even more worried. He looked around as if he had heard something you didn't.

"Heheh, probably not."

"H-hey I need you to stay awake okay? Remember what happened just two nights ago?" he said desperately trying to keep you awake until some sort of help arrived.

"Heh it's kind of funny really. Why are you doing all of these nice things? You could've left me when Reiner and Bertholdt found us, you could've gone off with the rest of the group when we split up, and you could've let me die." he stared at you in shock as you passed out.

"Oh thank god someone actually came!" Armin let out a sigh of relief as he saw Hanji and Mike nearing you two in a wagon. Levi was using ODM above them.

"So this is what they meant. Not what I expected to say the least." Levi said as he reached the height of the two of you. "Four Eyes, get up here with the med equipment." he called down.

Hanji got out of the wagon and flew up to examine what had happened. From looking at it, she could see that your pants were starting to become red at your foot from the amount of blood you lost. You looked pretty pale, and you were passed out against Armin.

After seeing her options of getting the two of you down she said, "We're going to need to cut the wire on that one," she pointed at the wire going through your ankle, "that way we can get you both down by causing as little pain possible."

After what felt like hours of being careful, it started to rain. And hard.

"Shit. Now we really do have to hurry." Levi said as he held onto you as Hanji started to get to work on the wires.

She grabbed your leg as she took one of her blades out. Understandably, Armin started freaking out. Then she swung her blade. It went right through the wire. The hard part of freeing your leg was over just like that. To make everything easier she went to find which wire was holding the two of you up and cut that one as well. Levi held onto you so you didn't fall as Hanji caught Armin and carried him down with her.

Once you all reached the wagon Hanji let go of Armin as Levi layed you down in the back of the wagon. Mike signaled for the horses to go as Hanji and Levi did what they could to get the wire out of your foot. Armin just sat and watched.

"Armin, if you're squeamish, I suggest you don't watch this next part." Hanji said as she put one hand on your shin and her other hand on the wire sticking out.

"What? OH JESUS CHRIST!" Armin didn't have time to look away before Hanji ripped the wire out of your leg, bringing lots of blood with it.

"And just like that. Levi, can you hand me some of those rags, your hands, and a belt or rope of some sort? Mike, can they go any faster? I want to get [y/n] into the infirmary as soon as we can."

Mike whipped the reins as the horses picked up their speed. "Thank you. Levi, take those rags and put it over the hole and apply lots of pressure." Hanji took a belt from Levi and tied it slightly above the bloody wound while Levi did as he was told, reluctantly of course. Armin couldn't stand to watch this so he kept his back to the battlefield operation like thing going on until they reached the infirmary wing of the castle.

Mike pulled the horses as close to the entrance to the wing as possible. He got off, came to the back opening of the wagon and picked your unconscious self, bringing you inside with Hanji, Levi, and Armin following.

"Oh dear! What happened to her?" one of the nurses came up to Mike asking in a worried voice.

"ODM accident out in the forest under my command. Please tell Commander Erwin that I take full responsibility for this when the report gets to him." Hanji said in an unusual sounding voice for her.

"Yes Squad Leader. Will you please follow me with her? We'll have someone see her right away to get her as best prepared for the upcoming expedition."

Mike nodded as he followed the nurse back into the back where the rooms were. "We're going to need you to come back as well Squad Leader." another nurse came from the back. "For reports and such. It's just protocol."

"I understand. I'll be right there." Hanji turned to Armin and Levi. "I'll be back in a little bit. Should I just go to your office when I'm done?" Levi shook his head yes. "Alright. I'll try to be quick then. Keep Armin with you okay?"

"Alright. Go fill out that shitty paperwork and make sure they don't hurt her more than she already is."

She gave a soft smile. "I won't let that happen. See you guys in a little bit." after she said that she turned and followed the nurse back to where you and Mike were.

"Let's go. She said that she'll be back when she's done, then we can come back and see [y/n] if that's what you want."

Armin sighed. "Yes, Sir." the both of them turned to make their way over to the squad leader's offices.